[SOLVED] New Fans

Subham2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2014
I have a Thermaltake Level 10 GTS case (https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001861).
I am currently using the fans, that it came with. One in the front (intake), one in the back (exhaust), the default Intel CPU fan and the two fans that come with Zotac Gtx 660.
My Idle temp for the CPU is around 40 C and, GPU temps are 37-40 C while CPU temp during heavy use gets to 60 C and, GPU temps go to about 72-80 C.
Will there be any improvement if I add two more fans? If yes, then what fans should I get?
And,
Do I have enough power if my specs are:

Motherboard:
ASUS B85M-G
Graphics Card:
Nvidia Zotac Gtx 660 2GB
CPU:
Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
Storage:
2 tb Seagate HDD x 1
1 tb Seagate HDD x 1
500 Gb Seagate HDD x 1
Optical Drives:
HP DVD Writer 1260d
PSU:
CoolerMaster Thunder 500

Solution
Your power supply, while not great, is probably more than enough for your current setup. Unless you are planning upgrades. If you want a good upgrade for the psu, the seasonic focus is good and affordable. You could also look at corsair. Just make sure you grab a midtier and up, never cheap out on psu!

Your temps are perfectly acceptable. If you wanted to lower it try messing with fan curves for the gpu, you might get it a couple degrees cooler. I honestly wouldn't waste money on adding fans as they probably won't do much. Save that money towards better upgrades.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well you are using the default intel CPU cooler, a 40-37C on idle is pretty normal.
And sometimes adding fans wouldn't do that much if your ambient temperature is hot.

In terms of power your power supply is not the greatest to be honest.

Subham2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2014
Well you are using the default intel CPU cooler, a 40-37C on idle is pretty normal.
And sometimes adding fans wouldn't do that much if your ambient temperature is hot.

In terms of power your power supply is not the greatest to be honest.

Thank You for your answer. The ambient temperature is usually around the mid-20s to 30s.
And What power supply would you suggest?

Your power supply, while not great, is probably more than enough for your current setup. Unless you are planning upgrades. If you want a good upgrade for the psu, the seasonic focus is good and affordable. You could also look at corsair. Just make sure you grab a midtier and up, never cheap out on psu!

Your temps are perfectly acceptable. If you wanted to lower it try messing with fan curves for the gpu, you might get it a couple degrees cooler. I honestly wouldn't waste money on adding fans as they probably won't do much. Save that money towards better upgrades.

Reactions: Subham2
Solution

Subham2

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2014

Will do.
Thank You