[SOLVED] New (first) PC build HELP

Mar 26, 2020
Hi Guys,
I've just completed my first custom build PC. Lets be honest its been no end of trouble...
The building itself was all good getting parts in the case and everything booted to bios first time. Then after windows 10 (pro) installed its been no end of trouble I've had multiple BSODs a day the list begins:
INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
CORRUPT_ACCESS_TOKEN
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
(these are the ones I remember)
After this I reinstalled windows and then set the power management to the Ryzen optimised one, for some reason this seemed to solve most of the BSOD issues. Since though I have tried playing any game ranging from CS:GO to Far Cry 5 and always after a few minutes my PC shuts down with no blue screen and goes straight back into the boot sequence. Pretty much I've done all the troubleshooting in my reasonable knowledge, Reset windows, reinstalled all the drivers including (AMD all in one, Nvidia graphics, audio, LAN), also I ran memtest86 after the Memory Management error and received multiple errors in the first 5 minutes of running the test (XMP enabled). After the memtest86 result I ordered new ram coming in the post and corsair told me this is most likely the cause and that the power supply is likely not the cause of the hard crashes (I suspected it would be PSU). Although I have my doubts as there is pretty much nothing else in my system that could be causing this I also updated the bios to the latest recommended version by asrock and still the same issue. Under any system load I get these crashes, anyone got any suggestions or do you guys recon it could just be faulty ram modules?
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/NJj9yk
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Integral UltimaPro X2 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Palit GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB StormX Video Card
Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
ARCTIC Arctic F14 PWM 77.3 CFM 140 mm Fan

Thanks

Solution
This sounds like RAM issues to me for sure. The PSU could be the issue but more than likely its the RAM. Just wait till the new RAM comes in and try that. If you still have issues after that get a PSU and try that. If you end up getting a PSU get something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ B&H)
Total: $104.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-26 17:54 EDT-0400

4745454b

Titan
A lot of those seem to be memory related. I'd double check the ram settings and make sure they match what they should be according to the sticks. Using 3200MHz ram is technically OCing the memory so it's possible your B450 doesn't like that. Or your 2600x. You are also using LP ram so that could be another issue. I'm using 3200MHz ram with my 2600, but I have an x470 and normal voltage ram.

Reactions: helper800
This sounds like RAM issues to me for sure. The PSU could be the issue but more than likely its the RAM. Just wait till the new RAM comes in and try that. If you still have issues after that get a PSU and try that. If you end up getting a PSU get something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ B&H)

Solution
Mar 26, 2020

PCPartPicker Part List

A lot of those seem to be memory related. I'd double check the ram settings and make sure they match what they should be according to the sticks. Using 3200MHz ram is technically OCing the memory so it's possible your B450 doesn't like that. Or your 2600x. You are also using LP ram so that could be another issue. I'm using 3200MHz ram with my 2600, but I have an x470 and normal voltage ram.
My sticks are on the box rated at 3200 but I noticed that without XMP they loaded at a lower speed I can’t remember now. With the new sticks would leaving XMP off help? Or not really make a difference?

Mar 26, 2020

PCPartPicker Part List

Thank you I was thinking I would just return and get a more powerful psu if the ram swap doesn’t help.

My sticks are on the box rated at 3200 but I noticed that without XMP they loaded at a lower speed I can’t remember now. With the new sticks would leaving XMP off help? Or not really make a difference?
All RAM default to 2133 or 2400mghz without XMP profiles as far as I know for DDR4 RAM. Like I said just wait for the RAM swap before you get another PSU because your current one may be fine.

Reactions: barduar