New Forum Software Coming to Tom's Hardware

jpe1701

Honorable
Will we finally be able to reply and quote from 8 inch tablets? I'm really bummed that we have to wait months to be able to comment on articles. Half the fun is seeing other people's input and being able to discuss stuff without digging into the forum.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

We will fully support mobile devices on the new forum platform :bounce:

We're in total agreement in regards to article comments. We love to hear what our readers are thinking. Don't fret! There will be article commentary, however, you will be unable to comment from within articles.

Spam!!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
tenor.gif

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018

Can whoever is editing the article add a link to the forum at the bottom of the article? Traffic will go down quite a bit if people have to go dig for it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

itsatrap.jpg

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018

I don't think I've ever seen that in such a high resolution. I can't look away.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

We are working on a system to make commentary as seamless as possible for our users during the transition. The link to the article commentary thread will be prominently displayed.

I am just annoyed that we still have to drive all the way out into the middle of nowhere to the caravan parked at 127.0.0.1 and switch it off and wait thirty seconds and switch it on again for our new IP's to work.

I look forward to seeing the new changes. I'm sure it'll be a source of contention at first but change is good. I've been here for around 7yrs and continue to learn and enjoy helping others. And can't wait to see new forum setup.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Refers all queries next week to Techy.... hope he having early nights rest this week. Maybe we should re purpose his server as a place to answer them :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
The forum software is literally brand new and being added to with every update so any bbcode available on most other forums will work. I don't have exact details but its way better than what we have here.