[SOLVED] New fresh build does not POST and Ez Debug light in on boot.

tsakalatoras

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
Hello everyone, yesterday I build my new pc

When I finally finished building it, I turned it on, everything worked fine.
Every hardware's rgb is on.
But the white EZ debug light stayed on boot.
I don't have signal on my screen,

Specs are
MSI b550 gaming plus - I did the bios update for the ryzen 5000 series
ryzen 5600x
4 rams gskill - rgbs are working
msi 3060 - rgb is working
and a m2

GPU has 3 DP ports and 1 HDMI , I have only tried HDMI becausemy current screen has only HDMI.
Is it possible that the GPU need to be connected with DP at first and after the drivers installation will recognize the HDMI?

Maybe the boot light is on because I dont have installed OS?

IF the bios update wouldn't have worked and MOBO can't recognise the CPU , debug light would have been on CPU right?

Maybe the m2 moved a bit during the build? but that has nothing to do with the screen signal right?

Also peripheral's rgb are working too mouse and keyboard

Here is a photo of it
https://ibb.co/h1X4KBr

What should I do?
I go late at home after work and I really don't have the courage to rebuild it.

Anyone has ever experienced something similar?

Am I being a fool for believing it will be something very simple like this?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Try with one stick of ram and the work your way to two then to 4. Consult the manual to see what slot to use when with only one stick of ram. Make and model of your M.2 drive and which slot you're using to populate the drive. Make and model of your PSU?

Might I ask how you updated the BIOS on your motherboard?

tsakalatoras

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
Try with one stick of ram and the work your way to two then to 4. Consult the manual to see what slot to use when with only one stick of ram. Make and model of your M.2 drive and which slot you're using to populate the drive. Make and model of your PSU?

Might I ask how you updated the BIOS on your motherboard?
M2 is Gigabyte Aorus gen4 1tb I am using the gen4 slot on mobo the one with the armor
My psu is nzxt c850

For the update I plugged in only the mobo at the beggining with nothing on it, I downloaded the latest bios and putted them in flash drive. I renamed the file to MSI.rom , I putt the drive to the USB port that is for the flash bios, turned on the psu, pressed the flash bios button. A light was flashing (according to the tutorial I watched I did everything well).
The mobo restarted and everything was ready.
Am I right?

tsakalatoras

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
M2 is Gigabyte Aorus gen4 1tb I am using the gen4 slot on mobo the one with the armor
My psu is nzxt c850

For the update I plugged in only the mobo at the beggining with nothing on it, I downloaded the latest bios and putted them in flash drive. I renamed the file to MSI.rom , I putt the drive to the USB port that is for the flash bios, turned on the psu, pressed the flash bios button. A light was flashing (according to the tutorial I watched I did everything well).
The mobo restarted and everything was ready.
Am I right?
If the bios update wouldn't have worked then the debug light would be on CPU, right?

tecmo34

Administrator
Glad to hear... Some times it is the easiest thing and what we over look! Glad it wasn't anything major. On my last build, I flipped flopped the power and reset connectors so freaked out for a second when it didn't turn on then quickly realized my error in rushing through things.

Reactions: tsakalatoras

tsakalatoras

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
Yeah mine too I also have the same problem with the same motherboard but I still can't find a solution
It's probably a "small" and stupid solution you are just not thinking.
I paid a technician to come home and fix my pc , I paid 30EUR for someone to come to my home and press a button on my monitor.
Truth is I would never think about it I was ready to tear the pc apart and build it again.

Have you flash bios update the motherboard?
Plug out-in again GPU ?
Make sure dp-hdmi is on GPU?
Tried another monitor?
Check psu cables are connected properly?
What you using m2 or ssd?

Reactions: xrafael95x

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
It's probably a "small" and stupid solution you are just not thinking.
I paid a technician to come home and fix my pc , I paid 30EUR for someone to come to my home and press a button on my monitor.
Truth is I would never think about it I was ready to tear the pc apart and build it again.

Have you flash bios update the motherboard?
Plug out-in again GPU ?
Make sure dp-hdmi is on GPU?
Tried another monitor?
Check psu cables are connected properly?
What you using m2 or ssd?

Lol we are in the same boat, I mean I paid a technician too but without luck. I will tell you what I've done.

Test 2 differents brand of ram.
Test a ryzen 3100.
Test 2 gpu.
Test 2 psu.
Test my 5600x on another pc.
Try with 2 monitors.
Try with HDMI and DP cable.
Try a ssd a mechanic hdd and a m2

Something the boot light won't turn on so it should post but it won't post

Last edited:

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Problem solved, and i will tell my mistake so if someone has the same issue will know how to solve it.

When I first updated the bios using the flash button and with the bare board it got updated successfully but seems i didn't have a post updated twice and one of the updates got corrupted, so i had to pay someone to dismount the chip from the board and programmed, after that, i had to put a ryzen 3100 to update to the correct bios version, my mistake was that I was not using an SSD with windows 10 on it, so I just had to put a drive with windows 10 and the card will post on windows. I had to change the GPU for an old one just to get into the bios after I changed to CSM I can access the bios or boot normally with my RX 580.

If you have the same board or same model just use the flash button with the bare bone and use the latest bios version available and make sure you have a windows 10 drive installed when botting for the first time. I spent like 40$ and almost 2 weeks trying to figure it what happened with the board and if i had a SSD with windows 10 in the beginning I wouldn't have wasted money and time.