Build Advice New gaming build $1800

Jul 14, 2019
So I want to dive into pc gaming. I’m looking to spend about 1800 or so total. I do have a bit of wiggle room if it’s worth it.

My buddy thinks I should do a build like this but from what I’ve been reading and what I’ve been seeing the ryzen 9 is a waste since I won’t fully utilize it.

If you guys can guide me in the right direction I’d appreciate it

I would do.

*CPU-ryzen 9.

*GPU- radeon 5700xt (or a 2080).

*Prob a 750w power supply.

*A compatible motherboard.

*A nice cooler.

*A 500gb Samsung M.2 ssd. (For Windows).

*A 500gb ssd or higher (for games).

*A 500gb or higher hard drive. (For music/photos/ misc storage).

*16g of ram 🐑.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this month

Budget Range: 1900 after shipping and taxes

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming mainly gaming maybe some normal home stuff but I want a gaming rig for games like the division, Witcher your Skyrim’s. Maybe some emulators 1080 or 1440 I’d like to get the most bang for my buck,

Are you buying a monitor: yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: don’t care best prices I guess

Parts Preferences: ryzen amd

Overclocking: Yes

Additional Comments: probably need a good cooling system my office room is small and I don’t want to over heat it. Also that being said I don’t want it to be super loud as well. I NEED it to have WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. I need a mouse and keyboard as well. I do have a gaming head set as well. But I want most of my money to go to the computer I’ll upgrade mouse and keyboard later.

Thanks in advance to those who respond

Jul 14, 2019
So I want to dive into pc gaming. I’m looking to spend about 1800 or so total. I do have a bit of wiggle room if it’s worth it.

My buddy thinks I should do a build like this but from what I’ve been reading and what I’ve been seeing the ryzen 9 is a waste since I won’t fully utilize it.

If you guys can guide me in the right direction I’d appreciate it

I would do.

*CPU-ryzen 9.

*GPU- radeon 5700xt (or a 2080).

*Prob a 750w power supply.

*A compatible motherboard.

*A nice cooler.

*A 500gb Samsung M.2 ssd. (For Windows).

*A 500gb ssd or higher (for games).

*A 500gb or higher hard drive. (For music/photos/ misc storage).

*16g of ram 🐑.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this month

Budget Range: 1900 after shipping and taxes

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming mainly gaming maybe some normal home stuff but I want a gaming rig for games like the division, Witcher your Skyrim’s. Maybe some emulators 1080 or 1440 I’d like to get the most bang for my buck,

Are you buying a monitor: yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: don’t care best prices I guess

Parts Preferences: ryzen amd

Overclocking: Yes

Additional Comments: probably need a good cooling system my office room is small and I don’t want to over heat it. Also that being said I don’t want it to be super loud as well. I NEED it to have WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities. I need a mouse and keyboard as well. I do have a gaming head set as well. But I want most of my money to go to the computer I’ll upgrade mouse and keyboard later.

Thanks in advance to those who respond
One thing I forgot to mention I may want to run 2 monitors at some point so I need a power supply that wouldn’t crap out if I wanted to do that as well. Thank you

TRENDING THREADS