New gaming build possible bad mobo?

vahia

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello everyone
I recently ordered a new pc and just put it all together.(I was on vacation).
specs:
Case:nzxt phantom full tower
PSU: corsair 1050nx
Cpu: i5 3570k
Mobo: asrock z77 extreme6
Ram: g.skill 1066mhz ddr3
Crucial m4 Ssd
Sli gtx 670 evga
And a western digital HHD from my old pc. (For the 400+ gb of games I wanted to keep)

Ok, it all went together smoothly, time to start it up fans spun lights came on then it shut off. Then cycled on an off a few times. I hard reset it, same thing. Reseated ram in different slots and it started up. Installed win 7 got to desktop and while installing drivers it froze. Had to hard reset because it was completely unresponsive. Kept freezing every time. Wouldn't even run long enough to download memtest let alone run it. Tried moving ram, and using in stick. Nothing helped. So I thought it might be a faulty SSD. So I regrettably fresh installed windows on my HDD. Same thing. Tried without video cards even though I'm sure that wouldn't matter, same. Finally, I took ny PSU out, took part ny old build and installed that PSU the I know worked, and had enough power and still same thing. Some times it starts right up, other times it cycles on an off. But it always locks up after it finally boots.
The only thing I know of is the mobo being bad. Surely both sticks of ram arent faulty are they? Had anyone ran into this before? I even tried reseating the CPU.
Should I just RMA the motherboard? Or do any of you guys know what I can do?

PCBEater

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

whats the size and module number on your RAM? is it in the QVL list for that board? Funny thing is I have an older ASRock board thats having those exact same symptoms.

So your saying it boot cycles on and off(turns on for a split second then shuts off for 5-6 seconds) and it freezes randomly no matter what your doing? does it freeze in the bios too?