[SOLVED] New gaming build won’t turn on.. only the lights on motherboard and graphics card fans turn on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2021
Specs are:
Ryzen 3800x
Asus tuf 3060 12gb GPU
DDR4 32gb team group asus tuf edition
Asus tuf 750 watt PSU
Asus tuf 570 plus wifi motherboard
Hard drive 2tb seagate
250gb PNY SSD
Asus tuf GT501 PC case

i have tried reseating all the connections and tried the ram reseating and trying to see if the screw driver test would work but that didn’t work either.. this is my 3rd gaming pc build but I’m lost on this one..

Solution
remove/disconnect everything unneeded...

All spinning drives, NVME or SATA SSDs, LED strips, etc...

Drop down to one stick of RAM only in 2nd slot away from CPU...

Double check that required ATX12V CPU connections are run from PSU to mainboard...(using original cables that came with PSU, as such cables are never mixed with any prior PSUs..!)

Make sure you have PCI-e power cables from PSU to GPU, and, your monitor connected to the GPU (HDMI/Display Port Output of mainboard not functional with a 3800X)

Remove BIOS battery for 10 sec, replace battery, power on, do not touch for several minutes, allow up to 5 minutes for initial display..

GOod luck!
Specs are:
Ryzen 3800x
Asus tuf 3060 12gb GPU
DDR4 32gb team group asus tuf edition
Asus tuf 750 watt PSU
Asus tuf 570 plus wifi motherboard
Hard drive 2tb seagate
250gb PNY SSD
Asus tuf GT501 PC case

i have tried reseating all the connections and tried the ram reseating and trying to see if the screw driver test would work but that didn’t work either.. this is my 3rd gaming pc build but I’m lost on this one..
Did you clear the bios?

Double check that required ATX12V CPU connections are run from PSU to mainboard...(using original cables that came with PSU, as such cables are never mixed with any prior PSUs..!)

Make sure you have PCI-e power cables from PSU to GPU, and, your monitor connected to the GPU (HDMI/Display Port Output of mainboard not functional with a 3800X)

Remove BIOS battery for 10 sec, replace battery, power on, do not touch for several minutes, allow up to 5 minutes for initial display..

GOod luck!

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution

GOod luck!
That was a lot to cover in a shirt span however normally takes longer then 10s after removing battery unless holding tower power button or shorting mobo power number.

Aug 3, 2021
Thank you everyone for your help! Turns out it was my PSU.. it was dead. I have another one in there now and it’s running like a charm! Thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS