Case: Thermaltake Core P8
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z390
CPU: Intel Core I9-9900 3,1
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200.
GPU: Asus Gforce RTX 3070
Harddrive: Intel 660P SSD: 1 terabyte.
Monitor: Acer 27" Predator XB273GXbmiiprzx-1-ms-NVIDIA-G-SYNC/2827622
PSU: Thermaltake 850W Smart Pro RGB.

Budget: Thinking of Euro 2600/ dollars 3000.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
-Chassis: Really nice looking package for custom liquid builds. If not doing custom liquid, money can be spent on a more affordable model that complements your considered hardware better.

-A non-K cpu in a Z motherboard? Not a terrible combo per se, but... it's one of those cases of spending money effectively.

=Intel 9th gen, even though 10th gen is out? Perhaps there's problems with availability of 10th gen on your end..?

-No cpu cooler for the 9700F? The Intel stock coolers are pretty crap.

+Ram: It's ok, as long as it's dual channel.

-No power supply listed. Don't even try to cut corners here, since you were looking at a 250USD chassis.

=I have my own opinions on running the OS and other apps on the same drive, so I'll remain...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Chassis: Really nice looking package for custom liquid builds. If not doing custom liquid, money can be spent on a more affordable model that complements your considered hardware better.

-A non-K cpu in a Z motherboard? Not a terrible combo per se, but... it's one of those cases of spending money effectively.

=Intel 9th gen, even though 10th gen is out? Perhaps there's problems with availability of 10th gen on your end..?

-No power supply listed. Don't even try to cut corners here, since you were looking at a 250USD chassis.

=I have my own opinions on running the OS and other apps on the same drive, so I'll remain neutral here.

=There's like 5 different kinds of 27" Predators. Could you be more specific?

IDK... there's not much to say. This isn't a complete build.

Solution
Oct 14, 2020

=I have my own opinions on running the OS and other apps on the same drive, so I'll remain neutral here.

=There's like 5 different kinds of 27" Predators. Could you be more specific?

IDK... there's not much to say. This isn't a complete build.

Thank you.
I have updated the build.
Any recommandations for a low noise air CPU cooler?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Any recommandations for a low noise air CPU cooler?
No, but that's because the subject of low noise is subjective: You can have low noise fans and still be personally susceptible to certain frequencies, like fan motors.
Noctua is a pretty popular premium option, but some people claim that they can't stand the humming of the fans and avoid them. I don't hear the humming at all.
That's just one example though.

Oct 14, 2020
No, but that's because the subject of low noise is subjective: You can have low noise fans and still be personally susceptible to certain frequencies, like fan motors.
Noctua is a pretty popular premium option, but some people claim that they can't stand the humming of the fans and avoid them. I don't hear the humming at all.
That's just one example though.
I need something that is better than the standard supplied for temporary use, until i made the entire system water cooled. (Thermaltake).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm... well, here's a short list of sorts:
Noctua
Cooler: NH-U12A, NH-D15, NH-D15S, NH-U14S
Fans: NF-A14, NF-A12x25

Scythe
Cooler: Ninja 5, FUMA 2, Mugen 5 Rev. B
Fans: Kaze Flex(120/140mm)

be quiet!
Dark Rock 4, Dark Rock Pro 4