[SOLVED] New Gaming Headphones

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I would like to change my Hyper X Revolver S, the things i search In gaming headphones are comfort ( I wear them for hours), wired because i don't like to deal with battery charge and well if they have a nice surround. What I can get in the 150 price range?
Thanks

Solution
I will stretch my budget to try a better step I’m considering to buy Sennheiser GSP 500 (or 600) and Sennheiser GSX 1000 for surround. I can’t get them together because of my budget so it’s a 2 steps thing. Do I really need the GSX? At the moment I’m also using DAC Topping D50 with an JDS Atom amp but I use them for music only with my set of headphones (HD 600 – AKG 712 Pro – Hifiman He560, Vmoda M100, Meze 99 classic , Fostek 50 MRP and AKG K371 that again I use only for audiophile listening because I don’t want to use them for whole days on like I do with the gaming ones…).

You have other headphones already, why are you buying another set for gaming? Just get a USB mic or something if you need one or a mod mic.
If you can find the Sennheiser PC37X that is a good one to get, and should be in the 150 range. The CoolerMaster MH752 also sound good, have a surround sound USB DAC and are very comfortable, about $100 , cheaper now in fact https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rds=MH752&qid=1617116144&s=electronics&sr=1-3 The MH751/752 are probably some of the most comfortable headphones I have tried, and for the price they are an automatic buy for me. I actually bought a pair while on a business trip and use them in my headphone rotation regularly.

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
If you can find the Sennheiser PC37X that is a good one to get, and should be in the 150 range. The CoolerMaster MH752 also sound good, have a surround sound USB DAC and are very comfortable, about $100 , cheaper now in fact https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Maste...rds=MH752&qid=1617116144&s=electronics&sr=1-3 The MH751/752 are probably some of the most comfortable headphones I have tried, and for the price they are an automatic buy for me. I actually bought a pair while on a business trip and use them in my headphone rotation regularly.
I love Sennheiser, I've HD600 in my audiophile headphones set, but seems impossible to find on Amazon.it, about the coo mh752 i've read nice reviews so are them actually so better than my hyper x?

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I will stretch my budget to try a better step I’m considering to buy Sennheiser GSP 500 (or 600) and Sennheiser GSX 1000 for surround. I can’t get them together because of my budget so it’s a 2 steps thing. Do I really need the GSX? At the moment I’m also using DAC Topping D50 with an JDS Atom amp but I use them for music only with my set of headphones (HD 600 – AKG 712 Pro – Hifiman He560, Vmoda M100, Meze 99 classic , Fostek 50 MRP and AKG K371 that again I use only for audiophile listening because I don’t want to use them for whole days on like I do with the gaming ones…).

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I had an old set of headphones, no idea what they were, but were seriously comfortable, had a 5mm to 3.5mm adapter. They lasted until I tipped my coffee cup over, and me reaching for it suddenly ripped the jack to pieces. That's the bad part of wired headphones, severely limited movement, especially if your equipment is already a distance away.

Went wifi wireless, lossless sound and can now walk around my house and not miss a beat. 16 hr battery just plug them in to charge when I'm done, or plug in to wear/charge like standard wired.

But it's seriously hard to beat the sound of a good wired set, like some of the Sennheisers, Sony etc
Or These

You have other headphones already, why are you buying another set for gaming? Just get a USB mic or something if you need one or a mod mic.

Solution

I have both the GSP 600 and AKG 712 Pros. The GSP 600 are really underwhelming compared to the 712’s. They are not bad but I just find the rather meh especially given the price.

You do realize you are comparing 400 dollar headphones to a 140-150 dollar gaming headset right?
I paid about £180 for the 712’s. I have had many headsets over the years and the GSP600’s just don’t stand out for me. I keep them as it’s convenient to have a wired headset with mic and they are not bad so I can’t bring myself to replace them. If I broke them I wouldn’t buy them again.

I paid about £180 for the 712’s. I have had many headsets over the years and the GSP600’s just don’t stand out for me. I keep them as it’s convenient to have a wired headset with mic and they are not bad so I can’t bring myself to replace them. If I broke them I wouldn’t buy them again.

To be fair, the GSP 600's are a closed back headset, where the K712's are open. It follows the open headset is going to give a superior audio experience, at the expense of letting more noise in and out.

I also noted the GSP 700 that I have needed a few days to really get broken in; the drivers were definitely stiff on purchase, but they opened up nicely after about a week.

Reactions: helper800

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's opinion. Nobody hears the same. Only in a general sense. So once you get past a certain level, it's more about the headphones themselves, not the capability. Some prefer fabric type surrounds because they don't sweat as much over long periods. Some prefer the leather because it looks more expensive. Some want the 7.1 artificial, some are happy with just stereo. Some prefer closed back for the ambience and noise reduction, some prefer open back, and that can change whether they are mixing and want to hear outside influence or prefer closed back to single out nuance in a studio setting. To each his own, for their own reasons.

Reactions: helper800
It's opinion. Nobody hears the same. Only in a general sense. So once you get past a certain level, it's more about the headphones themselves, not the capability. Some prefer fabric type surrounds because they don't sweat as much over long periods. Some prefer the leather because it looks more expensive. Some want the 7.1 artificial, some are happy with just stereo. Some prefer closed back for the ambience and noise reduction, some prefer open back, and that can change whether they are mixing and want to hear outside influence or prefer closed back to single out nuance in a studio setting. To each his own, for their own reasons.
Even with the artificial surround you can get atmos or use sonic for virtual surround now. Personally just use my set of HD 599s

Ahh, I see. They are significantly more expensive in the US right now at least.