New Gaming Laptop Advice

nullus

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2015
Hey everyone. Per the sticky at the top of the sub-forum, here's my info regarding a search for a new gaming laptop. Thanks in advance!

1. What is your budget? <$2000 (depends, looking for black friday deal, and I'm a disabled vet for those sites that offer discounts)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? Open to suggestions

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable - laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? It's for gaming, so options limited? Should be plugged in most of the time anyhow.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, and online mmo fps, as well as offline rpgs.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Typical household internet surfing, news, sports, and photo storage, etc.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB minimum

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No open box sites, new only please. Have so far checked out Newegg, Amazon, Best Buy, Lenovo, Dell, and Microsoft.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? N/A

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Lenovo, MSI, Asus, Alienware – Trying to stick to mainstream for reliability, etc.

13. What country do you live in? U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I've had a Sager 17 inch for the past 3 ½ years. Overall it's been a good laptop, but twice now the monitor connection has went bad and caused the monitor to eventually go bad and have to be replaced. It binds up upon opening. I'm just over it and want to move on. I've read so much, and there are so many opinions on this and that. I just want a reliable 17 inch gaming laptop that I don't have to worry about these sorts of problems with. Based on what I've read, (I'm still open to all suggestions), I've sort of narrowed it down to wanting the following minimums...

i7 11th gen or AMD 5800 series cpu or better

RTX3070 gpu or better

16gb ram minimum

1TB ssd hard drive minimum

A quality keyboard, decent sound (the sound on my Sager is awful), and/or metal case would be nice, but aren't necessarily deal breakers.

Once again, thank you in advance for any insight and/or suggestions.

Reactions: zaeem22

TRENDING THREADS