New Gaming Laptop Running Games Poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith12311999

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
I just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus, the ASUS FX503VD-NH76, it has a GTX 1050 with 4 GB of vram, an i7-7700HQ, and 16 GB of ram, with all that said it performs poorly while running games, for example, playing rainbow six siege at absolute lowest graphical settings, it ranges anywhere from 20-45 fps with massive stuttering. All drivers are up to date, tried overclocking the GPU, disabled all background processes, but has not seemed to help. Not sure what the issue is, I am no expert in computers or computer hardware but I know that this is a capable machine but isn't performing as I expected it too. Any insight into why this is would be greatly appreciated.

Countgreen

Honorable
Jun 24, 2017
Is the laptop plugged in when you try to game? (I know dumb question) Also make sure that games are running off the discrete graphics card (1050) and not the integrated gpu (Intel Iris graphics) To do this go the the nvidia control panel and there should be an option on the left side to enable or disable Intel graphics. There are also videos on youtube that can help you. (Sorry haven't had to deal with integrated graphics in a while).

asmith12311999

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the help, took the advice in combination of a video to optimize windows 10 PCs I watched earlier and games are running decently at around 55-60 fps. The control panel had it set to automatically choose either the gpu or integrated graphics, so I switched that.

Status
Not open for further replies.