Question New Gaming Monitor Suggestion - 144/165 hz, 1080p, DVI-D & DisplayPort, GSync compatible

slayer213

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade my gfx card from GTX 1070 to RTX 3060. I only plan to game at 1080p so 3060 should suffice for my needs.

Recently, i bought a Zotac RTX 3060 card but much to my dismay, i noticed that it does not support DVI-D (in fact none of the RTX do). i guess i did not do my research before buying.

anyways, what i am looking for is a monitor which has the following features:
  • 24" monitor with 144 hz/165 hz 1080p
  • DisplayPort, HDMI & DVI-D support bcz my gtx 1070 still runs fine so i would like to have backward compatibility
  • Nvidia Gsync support
I found this monitor to meet these needs but i am open to suggestions and also feedback on my choice:

https://www.amazon.in/VG258QR-1920x1080-Compatible-Esports-FreeSync/dp/B07KJ67Y3K/ref=nav_signin?crid=3HQDGAWAAPGSX&keywords=ASUS+TUF+Gaming+VG258QR&qid=1657210620&sprefix=asus+tuf+gaming+vg258qr,aps,182&sr=8-1&th=1

Also, in case i do not get a displayport cable in this product above, please provide me link(s) to cables on amazon which can work with this monitor.

thanks!

Reactions: Why_Me

Lutfij

Titan
According to the manual for the monitor;
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/VG258QR/VG258_English.pdf
1.2 Package contents;
Check your package for the following items:
LCD monitor
Monitor base
Quick start guide
Warranty card
Power adapter
Power cord
DisplayPort cable (optional)
HDMI cable (optional)
DVI (Dual-Link) cable (optional)
Audio cable

You should be getting the display cables listed above, in spite of some listed contents being stated as optional.

If you're looking for suggestions, please state the sort of budget allocated towards your monitor purchase, your location and your preferred site for purchase. Your amazon link says you're in India, if so, please state the budget.

Recently, i bought a Zotac RTX 3060 card but much to my dismay, i noticed that it does not support DVI-D (in fact none of the RTX do). i guess i did not do my research before buying.
You could look towards an adapter.

slayer213

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
Hey, thanks for the reply!

My budget would be around the same that my recommended monitor costs. In US$, it would come around 250-260 $.
Yes, I am from India so links from there (esp Amazon) would really be appreciated.