[SOLVED] New Gaming Pc $2400 budget

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Youngguns

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
Hello I am trying to put together a gaming pc for my self and I was wondering what hardware is best for my price.
Please help me I really dont know what im doing and im scared im going to buy the wrong stuff and every time i talk to stores i get the feeling they are offering me outdated stuff for a high price. my budget is around 24hundred & i need:

Full gaming pc to play both high cpu and gpu taxing games. I play all types. FPS, MMO, STRTGY ect
Else from that it would be nice to have warranty or a build that just lasts because i use it a lot.
A decent Monitor is needed also.
I live near Sydney CBD and there are stores like MSY,IJK (that i know of) were i can pick up from.

Thanks.

Solution

Define "top percentile". On default, sure, a motherboard and even current gen Ryzen motherboards will default to DDR4-2133 and on XMP (DCOP on AMD boards) and get the full speed of the RAM and you should absolutely do that. But does that make it "top percentile"? Maybe on Userbenchmarks.com it does, but if you look at other review sources and especially the ones that use professional testing...

g-unit1111

Titan

Cool, hopefully you will be able to sort all of this out and make the right decision.

Youngguns

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
Im back! so ive had a read and I notice you guys using pc part picker a lot. I don't feel right ordering parts from there, I will instead be purchasing everything from mwave and going there personally to pick them up so the price of the build via partpicker is not viable. I like the build provided by sponge but unless '''''everyone''''' checks off on it I will probably not go that rout. Im not really a tech guy so a lot of the stuff you guys arguing about goes over my head. Not that I don't appreciate it though. I think I have my build sorted out I just need to pick a proper cpu and case. For this I will make another post as it is a different topic. Hope to see you guys drop by. Best of luck and again thank you for your time and effort and I wish you the best.
Thanks C.Y

g-unit1111

Titan

PC Part Picker doesn't really sell you anything. They just tell you what's compatible and what isn't, and then direct you to the places that do like Amazon and mWave.