[SOLVED] New gaming PC build, is it enough?

siqural

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
Hello. So I am about to buy new PC parts and I'd like to know if it may be enough for future/todays games.

I am mostly only playing on my PC, nothing more, sometimes I do watch YouTube, movies, search google, things like that.

My PC Build will be like this and I'd like to get any feedbacks and comments what I can change and to what part should I change.

Case : Sharkoon TG5 Red ATX
SSD : Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB
SSD2 : SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB
Case fans : Corsair LL120 4x RGB LED120x120x25
HDD : Seagate 500 GB
HDD2: WD Blue 1TB
Monitor : Swift PG248Q 180 Hz
Monitor2 : Asus something, something, I swear I can't remember, but it's 60 Hz, mostly for google.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard : Asus Prime X-470-Pro
RAM : G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MhZ DDR4 2x8GB
But I can add G.Skill Aegis 3000MhZ DDR4 2x8GB to it, but don't know if it may make any problems with perfomence since it's lower MhZ.
Cooling: I will use the 2700X stock cooler.
But was wondering if water cooling may be needed except the stock one

Windows 10 Pro

I hope I haven't forgot anything to add, so yeah, please tell me what I can change or if everything is good to go.
And if you are able to answer the question about my RAM I'd love to hear anything about it.

Solution
For the RAM, I don't think you'll need anymore and mixing RAM is generally a bad idea. Even mixing RAM from the same brand can be a bad idea because of the die difference in the RAM chips themselves. 16GB should be plenty. For the CPU, i would actually recommend going with an Intel processor here since you have a very high refresh rate 1080p monitor. AMD processors generally give the same performance at higher resolutions, but for very high refresh rates and lower resolutions like you have here, there will be a tangible FPS difference. Something like an i5-9600k or i7-9700k should do the trick just fine here. In that case you will need a decent CPU cooler (doesn't need to be water cooling just like a 30-40$ air cooler should do if you...
For the RAM, I don't think you'll need anymore and mixing RAM is generally a bad idea. Even mixing RAM from the same brand can be a bad idea because of the die difference in the RAM chips themselves. 16GB should be plenty. For the CPU, i would actually recommend going with an Intel processor here since you have a very high refresh rate 1080p monitor. AMD processors generally give the same performance at higher resolutions, but for very high refresh rates and lower resolutions like you have here, there will be a tangible FPS difference. Something like an i5-9600k or i7-9700k should do the trick just fine here. In that case you will need a decent CPU cooler (doesn't need to be water cooling just like a 30-40$ air cooler should do if you don't plan on overclocking too much). Also I'm wondering what kind of power supply you have. It's not on the list so just wondering if you have that sorted out. A very nice website for planning all this out is pcpartpicker.com. Here is an example build with similar items to what you have listed:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU | Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | $409.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler | NZXT - Kraken M22 Liquid CPU Cooler | $59.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard | MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard | $133.98 @ Newegg
Memory | Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory | $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | $99.99 @ Dell
Storage | Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $77.77 @ Amazon
Video Card | EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card | $489.99 @ Amazon
Case | NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case | $69.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply | EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | $89.00 @ Amazon
Operating System | Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit | $149.99 @ Newegg
Case Fan | Corsair - LL120 RGB LED 43.25 CFM 120mm Fan | $26.99 @ Amazon
Monitor | Asus - ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor | $536.61 @ Amazon
Monitor | Acer - SB220Q bi 21.5" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor | $89.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $2344.27
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-07 14:35 EST-0500 |

Solution

siqural

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
I knew that I forgot something
The power supply is Seasonic PRIME Ultra Gold 650W.

I'll take a look on the list you've made for me.

And to be honest I am more like AMD fan, so I would love to stay with AMD CPU

My PC Build will be like this and I'd like to get any feedbacks and comments what I can change and to what part should I change.
This seems a bit vague... Which of this hardware do you own now, and what hardware are you planning on buying? Is the list your current system, or what your system will be like after you upgrade?

If, for example, you don't already own a GTX 1080, I would not buy one now, since it is largely out of stock and prices have risen, making it a poor value at this time. The RTX 2070 should offer slightly better performance for less, while also offering the option for hardware raytraced lighting effects, at least in the two games that support them so far.

Also, I wouldn't currently bother with more than 16GB of RAM for gaming. The most demanding games have only recently started benefiting from having access to more than 8GB, and it will probably be at least a couple years before games start benefitting from more than 16GB.