[SOLVED] New gaming pc doesn't detect monitor

zhshqzyc

Reputable
Oct 24, 2016
I just got my new PC yesterday from Newegg. It is
ABS Challenger Gaming PC - Intel i5 10400F - GeForce GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 512GB Intel M.2 NVMe SSD.
Today I connected to the monitor SCEPTRE. But the monitor is not detected. I am sure the monitor is working for my other laptops at home. I checked the cables, no loose.

So what happened?

Solution
I don't follow you but I just connected monitor cable the HDMI port of the PC. Do I need to do something? I think that the PC is ready to use after delivered.

I am not 100% certain I am looking at the exact same back of PC that you see. But, there is going to be the motherboard backplate, up high, that has all manner of connectors on it. USB, network, so forth AND there is an HDMI connection.

If you look further down you will see a horizontal backplate which is the GPU. It's going to have (likely) a couple of video connectors. You should be plugging the PC end of your video cable to the device there, not on the back of the motherboard.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't follow you but I just connected monitor cable the HDMI port of the PC. Do I need to do something? I think that the PC is ready to use after delivered.

I am not 100% certain I am looking at the exact same back of PC that you see. But, there is going to be the motherboard backplate, up high, that has all manner of connectors on it. USB, network, so forth AND there is an HDMI connection.

If you look further down you will see a horizontal backplate which is the GPU. It's going to have (likely) a couple of video connectors. You should be plugging the PC end of your video cable to the device there, not on the back of the motherboard.

Reactions: zhshqzyc
Solution

zhshqzyc

Reputable
Oct 24, 2016

You are right, I didn't see down. There are many HDMI ports. I connected the up one which I did the wrong thing. Now it is working. Thanks