New gaming pc for around €2000 most parts already picked.

Jun 23, 2018
Approximate Purchase Date: Very soon when i have decided what to buy

Budget Range (exluding os): €950-€1200 without graphicscard
Budget Range next month: €300-€850 for the graphics

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, programming watching movies, home pc. VR (HTC VIVE)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: This is the whole new pc setup

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Somewhere in the europe, but i can search for stores myself

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU and NVIDIA gpu, don't care about the other parts

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 2x 1680x1050

Additional Comments: Watercooling for cpu and gpu preffered. And needs to be as silent as possible.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current pc is very outdated and doesn't support SSE4.1

PARTLIST:

CPU:
I7-8700K Boxed Coffee Lake €350

CPU Cooling:
NZXT Kraken X62 (with AM4 support) €155

MOTHERBOARD:
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon Z370 (ATX) € 175

CASE:
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition €117

POWER SUPPLY:
Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Gold €115
850W
80 Plus Gold

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 €198
DDR4 16GB total (2x8GB)
3.2GHz

HARDDRIVE:
I already have an fast 1TB SSD (Samsung evo 860) and a slow 2TB HDD.
So this can be skipped.

GRAPHICS CARD + WATERCOOLING:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW HYBRID GAMING € 725

This is my first time using watercooling, and my first time fully part picking my pc. I do have experience buildings pc's without watercooling.
And i'm not 100% sure if i picked the best parts for that price range and even it everything will fit.

Here is the list:

TEMP.jpg

Did few changes to improve quality and performance(mainly quality). Components from this site.

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I have looked at all the details.
My current gpu gtx 680 gets super hot when doing heavy tasks.
So i prefer water cooling for my gpu since my other gpu burned up after 3.5 years.

For the cpu an air heatsink could be fine but since the 8086k reaches such high clock speed, i was wondering if i needed water cooling.
The cpu heatsink in the picture appears to be all aluminum, which is less efficient then a aluminum and copper one.

This case and that GPU both come with decent cooling and are of high quality. No need to get GPU water-cooled.

Unless you have dedicated budget for water cooling I recommend sticking with air cooled PC.

That CPU cooler I listed is made of pure copper and coated with nickel.

Yes you can get CPU water-cooled no problem. Get the below listed AIO.
Corsair H100i v2 Bit noisy but good at doing its job of maintaining temps in check.
Corsair H115i Pro Silent and does its job well. If you can spend bit extra go for it.

I would stay away from the 8086K. It's really pointless unless you want to get THE HIGHEST clocks possible out of the box. Otherwise, you're just wasting your money. Switch to an 8700k and use the savings to buy a watercooler, like the h110i or the Kraken X62. The one you listed is also fine. Air coolers have really improved in the last few years, plus the pascal cards run relatively cool compared to the 680. If you still insist on watercooling, then you might want to check out the Kraken G10/12 bracket. It allows you to mount a CPU cooler on the GPU, so you could watercool both your devices without having to bother with custom watercooling.

PCPartPicker part list: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/9rrn29
Price breakdown by merchant: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/9rrn29/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor (€379.00 @ Paradigit)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€65.00 @ Paradigit)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€175.00 @ Paradigit)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€199.00 @ Paradigit)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€104.95 @ Paradigit)
Total: €922.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-24 04:57 CEST+0200

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for all the replies i have updated the topic using some new parts. I prefer water cooling for my gpu since i have had bad experiences with stock cooling, and the room the pc is in is pretty hot around 30 degrees Celsius.

I would recommend what others have said about the processor and recommend the 8700K. IMO you are wasting your money when you should be able to overclock a 8700K to 5.0 using an AIO water cooler. Kraken is good. I went with EVGA for my AIO.

I still really do think that the 8086k is a waste of your money. By going with an 8700k, you'd free up enough room for a hybrid 1080, which would take all the troubles/risks out of custom water cooling, while still delivering great temps. Also, side note: If your room is already hot enough with an air cooler, it's going to be getting MIGHTY toasty in there when you introduce water cooling. This is probably a given, but I just want to be sure I'm covering all bases. The EK block looks fine, but please do note you'd need to invest in a reservoir, tubing, and an additional radiator. Not quite worth it imo.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/x6YtCb

Jun 23, 2018
Alright thanks for the help i updated the cpu to 8700k and the gpu to the hybrid one. I didn't really liked the look of the case i prefer Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered. Which should be able to fit everything right?

Stick with Enthoo Pro M or even better Enthoo Pro as they have better radiator support compared to any other case at that budget range. NZXT S340 is not suitable for this build as it will be cramped with radiators and perform badly. I highly recommend getting Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass RGB model if possible. If not try getting Enthoo Pro M Tempered glass.

Jun 23, 2018
Alright thanks this one is also fine right? Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition €117
I thinks that is what you meant with rgb model?

No not the Enthoo Pro M Special Edition. I listed the case above Enthoo Pro case which is full-tower case not the M which is mid-tower. There is good difference in Pro and Pro M. Check the link above it is from retailer of your country Netherlands. Check the link above. It is not 117 it costs 105.

There is no reason to spend that huge amount and go with Enthoo Pro M which is mid tower go for full tower Enthoo Pro. I only recommended Enthoo Pro M to cut down budget. If budget is no problem go with Enthoo Pro full-tower case. It has great radiator support.