New Gaming pc, Loses signal, GPU fan speeds to 100% *please help*

mitchellbedore

Honorable
Jul 3, 2018
While playing mid range games, like Skyrim, and mid to high range being for Bioshock infinite, Fallout 4 , Dying Light, rus tetc, i will get a an hour or two of gameplay no hiccups, than randomly i will lose signal and the GPU's fans go into hypermode at what has to be 100% , i have no issues while browsing , and some games havent caused any issues at all (WoW, Portal 2) but have only spent an hour at a time playing them, did a quick raid boss and a greater invasion, so im not sure if its stress related from the games or not .. i wasnt doing anything super crazy in any of the games i was playing, i tried lowering settings on fallout 4, rust, bioshock and it made no difference i play for a bit than boom. I have checked my GPUS power connection, its in tight, the connector light is on. (Fans arent running right now.. but it isnt under any load.. im hoping thats normal) and i have checked the connection of the card in the pci e its tight and secure aswell. I just built this computer and used pc part picker to make sure things were compatible, and did research on the items before purchase, i had one stick of ram that was dead on arrival so i rma'd that, but am running one stick ( in the proper channel for one stick) untill a new one arrives, i have had this computer running about a week and have been unable to figure out the issue on my own. Please help.

pc:

Core i5 8600
ASUS gtx 1060 6gb
8GB DDR4 2400 g/skill ripjaw
Asus prime z370-a
1tb seagate hd
120 gb kingston ssd
EVGA 500w(BQ) 80+ bronze certified semi modular psu***
i have 2 corsair red led fans and a coolermaster 212 red led aswell, but this should've all been included in the calculation
its all in a nzxt s340 elite case - if that matters, aswell as a tplink wifi card n900 or something rather, its unused as i have a hardline connection.

***(i was told through the calculator id have enough power at around 300, required but im worried now that under load its different, i also have chromatic keyboard and mouse that i didnt think about this is what im suspecting is causing the issue but would like to get some more opinions)

Solution
i just wanna say this, i don't think it would fix buying a new psu, i literally have the same pc as you, with a higher psu watt. Mine is Ryzen 5 1600, 16 gb ram, GTX 1060 6GB with a Seasonic 620w 80+ bronze, b350 TOMAHAWK MOBO. yet this still happens to me, I had the same problems as you had a day i got to setup the whole build. But mine was worse. I couldn't last 2 minutes into a game, then the symptoms would happen. I tried several fixes to prolong it from 30 mins, then got to play my games on 2 hours + then tried this and that fixes. left and right i was inserting fixes. what's weird is that after trying several fixes, this went on for 1 and a half month, (i did a shit ton of fix crowdsourcing from tech websites) after that...
if the power supply is under 30 days rma it it slightly under sized. look at the seasonic 620w or there focus units. the issue is not the total wattage but the amp rating on the 12v rail. with the cpu and gpu maxed out in a game the unit is over heating and dropping below atx spec. with a slightly larger unit you have a little more overhead.

mitchellbedore

Honorable
Jul 3, 2018

undersized how, if im to understand it right it says here "provides up to 41.6a to 499.2w on the +12v rail", thats not enough? what should i be looking for
i did make a minor mistake im going to correct now its a 500BQ 80 + if that makes any difference sorry about that, im not concerned about price i bought this for about 65 CAD, and would be fine upgrading to anything max 125, if necessary.
and the seasonic focus is your recommended overall? atleast it seems to be an easy fix, re connceting everything will stink but thanks, i will look into rma now

** also the GPU is overheating while under more intensive load? i am running very cool at 27 - 35 Celsius across the board is that why im having no issues with anything now? or is the the PSU overheating and dropping below its atx spec, (500w?). and are the fans on the gpu not moving because its not in need of being cooled down at this moment?

sorry for so many questions just didnt have any issues with my first pc build and the upgrade has proven to be alot more complex

mitchellbedore

Honorable
Jul 3, 2018
still a little foggy about the situation, if anyone has any relevant info please share. thanks and sorry for the double post, i dont have a clue what im looking at when it comes to the power supply.

Mar 2, 2018
i just wanna say this, i don't think it would fix buying a new psu, i literally have the same pc as you, with a higher psu watt. Mine is Ryzen 5 1600, 16 gb ram, GTX 1060 6GB with a Seasonic 620w 80+ bronze, b350 TOMAHAWK MOBO. yet this still happens to me, I had the same problems as you had a day i got to setup the whole build. But mine was worse. I couldn't last 2 minutes into a game, then the symptoms would happen. I tried several fixes to prolong it from 30 mins, then got to play my games on 2 hours + then tried this and that fixes. left and right i was inserting fixes. what's weird is that after trying several fixes, this went on for 1 and a half month, (i did a shit ton of fix crowdsourcing from tech websites) after that extensive stack of fixes i did, it never occured anymore. THEN. (The reason i got here) Is that I was playing dark souls 3 earlier, note that i've never encountered the monitor signal disconnection and gpu fan overdrive for like 3 months, THEN just now i was playing dark souls for like an hour then it happened again. the same symptom i had when i first built the pc. I really wasn't sure why it happened agian. But man, I can't believe it never happened for 3 months and it just happened again now. But something within me feels like something is wrong with the GTX 1060 Card in the recent graphic driver updates NVIDIA has to offer. But i suggest you try downgrading/rollback your graphic driver, if you don't know what it is i suggest you to search about how to do it, Use Display Driver Uninstaller too for a safer process.

Solution
Jul 9, 2018
Hello!
I have Rx580 with Cooler master GX750W bronze PSU. I have the same issue. restarting PC while gaming.

Before I had 500W Chinese PSU and 17nch Dell Monitor and i used HDMI to VGA converter to connect the monitor. I played same games with no issues 24/7.

and i bought brand new HP 22 frame-less monitor which can connect HDMI directly. I tried to play games with 1080p resolution, it was also worked perfectly for 5-6 hours then my PSU got burned. Then i bought this GX750W and now my pc is restarting while gaming. it does not last for 10 minutes.

I dont know what to do? is it my GPU or PSU? or Processor?

I have 7th Gen 15 7500
8GB DDR 4