New Gaming PC Not Booting - Help

Oct 20, 2018
Hello,

I recently started my first pc build. Before I started building, I had a chassis with a 600W PSU that my roommate left behind. I purchased my own mobo (MSI B250 PC Mate), RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 2x8gb), SSD (XPG M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x2 256GB), CPU cooler (Hyper 212 EVO), and new OS that I'll be installing on my SSD. I removed my Intel i7 6700 processor and my 1080 graphics card from my old PC.

After I got my parts, I started building my new PC. I currently have the mobo, processor, cpu cooler, and SSD installed alongside the PSU that was already in the chassis. I have the power cable, ATX cable, the small frontal cables (P LED, P SW, HDD LED, Reset SW), and USB chords attached to the mobo. To my understanding, I think this should at least give me the ability to at least install my OS onto my SSD (I have an external CD/DVD drive). However, when I plugged the power cable into my PC and flipped the PSU switch on, my computer shows no response: the fans aren't spinning, my peripherals aren't lighting up, nothing is happening.

I'm not quite sure what is going on, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

t99

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Are you sure you hook power pins up right? Sometimes they can look weird, like you think they go vertical, but it's horizontal or vice versa. You also need it the right facing as well