New Gaming PC Not Booting - Help

Oct 20, 2018
Hello,

I recently started my first pc build. Before I started building, I had a chassis with a 600W PSU that my roommate left behind. I purchased my own mobo (MSI B250 PC Mate), RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 2x8gb), SSD (XPG M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x2 256GB), CPU cooler (Hyper 212 EVO), and new OS that I'll be installing on my SSD. I removed my Intel i7 6700 processor and my 1080 graphics card from my old PC.

After I got my parts, I started building my new PC. I currently have the mobo, processor, cpu cooler, and SSD installed alongside the PSU that was already in the chassis. I have the power cable, ATX cable, the small frontal cables (P LED, P SW, HDD LED, Reset SW), and USB chords attached to the mobo. To my understanding, I think this should at least give me the ability to at least install my OS onto my SSD (I have an external CD/DVD drive). However, when I plugged the power cable into my PC and flipped the PSU switch on, my computer shows no response: the fans aren't spinning, my peripherals aren't lighting up, nothing is happening.

I'm not quite sure what is going on, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.