Question New gaming pc stuttering help please!

Apr 2, 2019
SO basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help

So basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu 750watts
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
1x8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help
Also i ran msi afterburner and the gpu is like jumping from 0 percent to 100 every second causing lag spikes literally unplayable.

Apr 2, 2019
Run this benchmark just to see if there is anything glaringly obvious going on.

When it lags, does it just happen randomly?
Does it lag worse over time?
Is there any pattern to the lag?

So its 60 fps as soon as I start playing then after a min it drops and then after that just keeps dropping and after 1 hr gets better but still drops to 30, I'm a school right now I'll run the bench mark after school

You should provide the link to the results not just a picture so that people can read through all of it and find any problems.

The two games you mentioned forza and gta both have serious stutter problems on any hardware and with your hardware being pretty weak it's to be expected that those two won't be running well.
Other than that make sure you are actually using your 570 and not the iGPU.

Apr 2, 2019
So basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ddr4 2400

Lozier

Commendable
Apr 11, 2019
Not an expert but its maybe your ram 1x8 ram isn't really as effective as dual channel (2x4).

In the end i do recommend Dual channel 16gb ram (2x8) and 3000mhz or faster, if you can afford it of course.

maybe buy another exact same 8gb ram stick? then again not an expert, and not sure that you can do that.

wayneboyd1979

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
I'm not sure why you all say memory, single channel doesn't impact that much but cpu to gpu does. If temps are ok, I've had issues with power and gpu in the past. I would be asking on what settings your playing on, ultra etc... Because lack of ram and cpu could play part here. 570 is an all rounder. Good luck

Apr 2, 2019
I'm not sure why you all say memory, single channel doesn't impact that much but cpu to gpu does. If temps are ok, I've had issues with power and gpu in the past. I would be asking on what settings your playing on, ultra etc... Because lack of ram and cpu could play part here. 570 is an all rounder. Good luck
I'm having bad luck it doesnt matter what play on ultra low or ultra it stutters the exact same

bignastyid

Titan
I'm not sure why you all say memory, single channel doesn't impact that much but cpu to gpu does.

This is not correct, especially with Ryzens infinity fabric. Ryzen benefits greatly from fast dual channel ram. Using slow single channel ram with Ryzen can have a big impact on cpu performance.

Op, make sure the igpu is disabled in bios and also make sure the monitor is plugged into the gpu(rx 570) and not the motherboard. Try monitoring your cpu(per core) and gpu usage and see which one spikes when the drops occur.

WildCard999

Titan
It does have a significant impact on performance, especially Ryzen.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the model for your FSP PSU? You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the version for your OS and the version of BIOS you're on for your motherboard. I assume you're talking about Frames Per Second with the reference of 60 to 10...? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest off of AMD's support site?

How old are you and where are you located?