Question New gaming pc stuttering help please!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 2, 2019
SO basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help

So basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu 750watts
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
1x8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help
Also i ran msi afterburner and the gpu is like jumping from 0 percent to 100 every second causing lag spikes literally unplayable.

Apr 2, 2019
What is the model for your FSP PSU? You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the version for your OS and the version of BIOS you're on for your motherboard. I assume you're talking about Frames Per Second with the reference of 60 to 10...? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest off of AMD's support site?

How old are you and where are you located?
And yes I'm talking about fps , also I have reinstalled drivers

Lutfij

Titan
Your location is very relevant when suggesting parts. Your age will also be relevant for us to understand what you're capable of doing. If you know better, then this thread has run it's course, otherwise we can move forward, with the questions I've asked you, as this thread has potential for a resolution.

You're not listing the specs as required.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Apr 2, 2019
CPU: r3 2200g
Motherboard: ab350 gaming
Ram:1x8 ddr4 2400mhz
SSD/HDD: 1tb seagate
GPU: rx570
PSU: fsp 750w
Chassis: segotep k6

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
how many months later still have this problem shouldve gotten a ps4 youtube full of lies
Unfortunately youtube is. The main problem with fortnite is it can sometimes be a little CPU heavy at times.
Does it lag all the way through?

Are you able to record your GPU, CPU, RAM, and Disk usage whilst you play so we can see the log of % usage?

But don't worry, because PC gaming will still yield great results, we just need more info to figure out what is causing the lag exactly.

Apr 2, 2019
Unfortunately youtube is. The main problem with fortnite is it can sometimes be a little CPU heavy at times.
Does it lag all the way through?

Are you able to record your GPU, CPU, RAM, and Disk usage whilst you play so we can see the log of % usage?
U
But don't worry, because PC gaming will still yield great results, we just need more info to figure out what is causing the lag exactly.
Gpu usage jumps from 0 to 100 temp like 60

Apr 2, 2019
I have a power supply - fsp raider 750w, and basically it had a lot of wires so I cut a wire off. My PC is lagging and I dont know if this is the cause. The gpu usage jumps up and down causing spikes someone please help

Lutfij

Titan
Which wire did you cut exactly? A picture of the wire you've cut would be of help. Yes we're going to need to know which loom of wire you cut off. How old is the unit?

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Apr 2, 2019
I cut off the molex one because I already had another look with molex ones and I wanted it a bit neat. I cut it right at the power supply maybe 2 cm off.
CPU: ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: b350 gaming
Ram: 1x8gb 2400
SSD/HDD: 1tb western digital 7200rpm
GPU: ex 570 sapphire 4gb
PSU: fsp raider 750watts silver rated
Chassis: segotep k6 case