[SOLVED] New gaming pc too loud

Jan 22, 2021
Hey, so I finally got my new pc yesterday. I installed the graphics card than I ran the computer. Everything was normal, there was little to no fan sound. Than I tried to update windows in order to get the new drivers for my system. That's when my pc made a big sound like an engine. So I turned the pc off. When I turned it on again, the sound was still there. I'm not sure if it's coil whine or anything because the sound is too much. Than I realised the CPU fan is touching the motherboard a little bit but the fan is a Wraith Stealth and the motherboard is a B550-A PRO. They should work fine, right? Anyways, here is my system:

MSI VENTUS 3060 TI 2X OCV1
RYZEN 5 5600X
MSI B550-A PRO
XPG GAMMIX D30 2X8 3000 MHz CL16
COOLER MASTER MB511 650W Case
SANDISK 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD
SEAGATE 2 TB BARRACUDA HDD

Please let me know if you have an idea. I didn't build the pc btw, I just installed the graphics card.

Solution
Do I need to update the BIOS? I didn't know that. Btw ignore me saying ''The CPU fan is touching the motherboard'' that's not the case.
You need to find out which BIOS version you have, if the system came ready built I imagine there is a chance it has the right BIOS. Can you access your systems BIOS at POST? It should tell you there which version you have. Actually, is your system working ok? Does it boot ok and can you get to the windows home screen? Is the only problem you are having the loud noise?
Forcing a pc to switch off during any kind of update is never a good idea. The wraith coolers when ramped up to their max rpm can get pretty loud, many people buy an after market cooler for this reason. I dont quite understand what you mean by ''the CPU fan is touching the motherboard a little bit ?'' Can you post any pics? Did you buy the pc already built?, (apart from adding the gpu,like you said?'' I believe the B550 motherboards need a BIOS update to run 5000 series cpu's, has this been done,do you know what BIOS version you have?

Jan 22, 2021
Forcing a pc to switch off during any kind of update is never a good idea. The wraith coolers when ramped up to their max rpm can get pretty loud, many people buy an after market cooler for this reason. I dont quite understand what you mean by ''the CPU fan is touching the motherboard a little bit ?'' Can you post any pics? Did you buy the pc already built?, (apart from adding the gpu,like you said?'' I believe the B550 motherboards need a BIOS update to run 5000 series cpu's, has this been done,do you know what BIOS version you have?
Do I need to update the BIOS? I didn't know that. Btw ignore me saying ''The CPU fan is touching the motherboard'' that's not the case.

You need to find out which BIOS version you have, if the system came ready built I imagine there is a chance it has the right BIOS. Can you access your systems BIOS at POST? It should tell you there which version you have. Actually, is your system working ok? Does it boot ok and can you get to the windows home screen? Is the only problem you are having the loud noise?

Solution
Jan 22, 2021
I didn't know I must have updated the BIOS. And yes I can access the windows home screen, I will flash the BIOS than check if I still have the problem. I don't think it's because I didn't update it but I will, still. And I have no clue how my system is working. Because normally if you didn't flash the BIOS the pc shouldn't be able to boot at all, right?

Did I correctly read that your PC CPU fan on 5600X CPU is Wraith Stealth? I mean this crap.

41-ocBRNeVL._AC_SX466_.jpg

No surprise that your poor PC roar like jet engine on start of runway. Throw it out asap and get normal cooler or AIO instead.

Reactions: kurdtnz
I didn't know I must have updated the BIOS. And yes I can access the windows home screen, I will flash the BIOS than check if I still have the problem. I don't think it's because I didn't update it but I will, still. And I have no clue how my system is working. Because normally if you didn't flash the BIOS the pc shouldn't be able to boot at all, right?
If it's working, I wouldnt hastily jump into downloading a new BIOS until you are sure which version you have. And as said above, i'd definitely look into buying a new cooler asap.