Question New gaming pc won’t start up

Dec 13, 2019
Okay so I built a new gaming pc with a Rx 5700 , and a 5 3600 , mother board - x370 Asus strix f gaming ( not compatible with Ryzen 5) so built everything and all the fans spin and the leds turn on and the pc to but there’s no display , I was thinking it could be cause the bios needs a update but I can’t even get into the pc , and my second reason I think it’s not working is cause I don’t have a CPU cooler yet , can any one help me ?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Okay so I built a new gaming pc with a Rx 5700 , and a 5 3600 , mother board - x370 Asus strix f gaming ( not compatible with Ryzen 5) so built everything and all the fans spin and the leds turn on and the pc to but there’s no display , I was thinking it could be cause the bios needs a update but I can’t even get into the pc , and my second reason I think it’s not working is cause I don’t have a CPU cooler yet , can any one help me ?

Let's start by getting a CPU cooler first. You should not even be turning the PC on without a cooler installed, unless you no longer wish to have a PC.

Dec 13, 2019
Yeah I bought everything new except the Case and ram but the guy I bought the case from took of the CPU cooler mount so I need to wait for that to come in ( I ordered Am4) but other than that what else can be the problem because I’m getting no display

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, cpu cooler is a must. Also the cpu_fan header on the motherboard must be connected so the motherboard knows the cpu is being cooled. This is step 1 to rule out if you have other problems because without this header connected, the motherboard won't operate the cpu = no display.