New gaming rig not working

KaityVoivre

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
Just built this computer today, Motherboard showing a C code, manual has no idea what C is, and it's not going to bios, the screen is just saying no signal. I tried plugging it into the motherboard, and all video cards, but alas nothing. I'm at wits end here guys, please help. I checked the cpu socket pins, they check out, reinstalled the cpu and cooler, was getting code 62 before. I'm using 2 1070 FTWs and a 560ti for physx. I need to boot to put an OS on this thing. Here's my list of parts.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Voivre/saved/kZVLkL

Solution

yes, they came new along with the kaby lake series, you dont need a bios update in order to work with that chip.
The problem is the motherboard and the cpu.

you have bought an older generation motherboard that is compatiable with this newer gen cpu.
However because the cpu is newer, the motherboard doesnt recognize yet the cpu.

You will need a bios update.
The only way to do this is by using a skylake cpu to install the newer bios version, than your i7 7700k will work.

option two is getting a newer generation motherboard.

So i would, if you dont have a friend with a skylake cpu, return the motherboard for a z270 mobo.
because computer stores probably charge you a lot of money for a silly bios update.

KaityVoivre

Prominent
Mar 17, 2017
I have a friend with a skylake cpu, but I'm not sure she will let me use it or not. I threw the box away for the MOBO as I have limited space in my apartment. So I can't return it.

no, explain them the situation.

you have bought a z170 motherboard and a i7 7700k accidently and you need a bios update in order to let your rig work.
ask them if they want to install the newest bios version on your pc,because you dont have got a skylake cpu.

Good luck:)

not sure you need to solder it

you would have to check that

but dont think i saw any mention of having to solder it

just said 1 was replaceable which hints that one isnt soldered

TRENDING THREADS