New Gaming Rig

Evil_Toast

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I was thinking of making my own PC for gaming and was wondering if these parts were any good and if they were all compatible, with mabye some room for upgrades?

CPU: Intel i5 4670K
GPU: MSI GTX 770 4 GB
RAM: Cosair Vengance Pro 8GB @ 1866Mhz
Motherboard: MSI Z87 GD65
HDD: 1TB SeaGate 7200RPM
ODD: Samsung 24x Internal
Case CM Storm Scout 2
PSU: OCZ ZT 750W

I was also going to OC and mabye get a Corsair H100i CPU cooler, some case fans and another 770

Would all this be possible and could it all fit in the case

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Pretty decent build actually. Only afew things to consider...

Firstly what games will you be playing. And what is your budget. If money is a concern it would be better getting a 2gb version of the gpu, that will be fine for most games.

Also, the ram. Go for normal vengence 8gb. You won't see performance increase in the speed past 1600mhz. It will be cheaper for no reduction in performance.

Why go with such an expensive motherboard? Go with an msi g45. That is alot cheaper and is just as good for you.

I would also go with a western digital caviar blue 1tb drive. One of the best drives you can get.

Also, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! Windows 8?!?!!?!?!?!!?!??!! SINFUL
Srsly though, why the hell are you gonna get windows 8... Go for windows 7. Cheaper and better.

You said you want a h100i. I don't think that will fit in that case I'm affraid. Look for a case that supports dual radiators in the roof. Then you can use a h100i

Also, there really would be no need to get another 770. A single 770 will run everything at amazing settings for a great fps. If you really want to throw that money into it go ahead. It will be an amazing machine, I'm just saying at this time it is not needed