New gaming setup

tomseppanen

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Hi all!
Im new to this pc world.
I want to put together a good gamingi rig.
Plz comment on this setup...
CPU: i5 4690K
Mobo: Msi Z97 gaming 5 ATX 1150
GPU:Msi gtx 970 4gb twin frozer V
RAM:Kingston DDR3 4GB 1866MHz CL10 DIMM HyperX Fury (two of this)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA 6Gb/s
and last SSD Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gbit/s for windows
FAN for Cpu : somekind of coolmaster...will find soon
For power supply need to calculate all those things.....becasue will overclock.
Allready have 144hz Benq screen :)

Will all this work good ?

Solution
you need to get the hyper fury that has intel XMP support. the only time i ever seen 1866mhz on RAM is if it is amd ram like the Fury red.
you should get at least 2133 ram or 2400.those will also be XMP/intel captailible and will give you that extra boost and you might want it for overclocking.

if your overclocking spring for a noctua cooler, unless you want to get a h100i which would be the only other thing that would be better than a noctua. d12 or d14 if it fits.

i perfer seagat power suplies but yeah some thing around 650-750 will work fine.
For the power supply, I would go with a 650W EVGA Supernova B2. You could go with a 550W XFX TS also. I would not go under 550W since you plan to overclock. Other than that, I like the build. I personally recommend you buy a WD Blue 1TB hard drive instead of the Seagate Barricude, because WD is better known for reliability (I can personally vouge for that with my noise Seagate and better WD).

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
you need to get the hyper fury that has intel XMP support. the only time i ever seen 1866mhz on RAM is if it is amd ram like the Fury red.
you should get at least 2133 ram or 2400.those will also be XMP/intel captailible and will give you that extra boost and you might want it for overclocking.

if your overclocking spring for a noctua cooler, unless you want to get a h100i which would be the only other thing that would be better than a noctua. d12 or d14 if it fits.

i perfer seagat power suplies but yeah some thing around 650-750 will work fine.

Solution