[SOLVED] New gaming setup

Feb 19, 2019
Hey guys, this is kind of a newbish question but... I have a somewhat old gaming pc setup and was thinking about upgrading it a little bit.

Right now I'm using a I5-4440 paired with a GTX 960 and my goal is to be able to play the latest AAA games at 1080p at high/ultra settings

Since Nvidia is lauching new GPU's and I wouldn't be able to afford e completely new setup (to upgrade my CPU the current or future gen I would need to buy a new mobo and RAM) I was thinking about maybe buying a RTX 2060 (maybe the GTX 1660 TI if they prove to be a good buy).

The thing is, I'm afraid that my 6 year old CPU won't be able to keep up with the new GPU to deliver a good 1080p experience. What do you guys think? Would it be a huge bottleneck or would I be fine for a couple of years more?

Sorry for my broken english btw.

Edit: forgot to say I would like to run games at 60 fps

Last edited:
Solution
Here is the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Monoprice)
Total: $448.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-28 05:58 EST-0500

There will be bottleneck but only of 20% loss in FPS which is bad but not unplayable. That PSU will not require and upgrade for over 10Yr period in which you can upgrade other components 2-3Times and save on PSU.
Here is the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Monoprice)
Total: $448.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-28 05:58 EST-0500

There will be bottleneck but only of 20% loss in FPS which is bad but not unplayable. That PSU will not require and upgrade for over 10Yr period in which you can upgrade other components 2-3Times and save on PSU.

Solution