New gaming/video editing build

Kris Hastings

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Okay so to start off, this is going to be a long description. But I'd appreciate any help I can get because even after watching a ton of videos and doing a lot of research I still can't bring all the pieces together and formulate a good pc. I built a pc for gaming already, but its not nearly enough of what I want. The build includes an AMD Athlon 760k quad core processor, at 3.8 Ghz. The videocard is a Sapphire Radeon R7 260x. I have 12 GB of RAM. I have a corsair black 1TB hard drive. And the monitors aren't actually monitors, its a big Westinghouse TV and a small insignia. This whole setup runs the 3DMark Fire Strike benchmark at a few hundred points better than a high-end gaming laptop, one of the like four general tiers the test provides. So this isn't good enough for me. It runs games pretty well, like GTA 5, Skyrim, Battlefield 4, but I want to be able to run these games at their highest settings at high framerates. I'd want it to be able to do 4K gaming at low framerates like 15/20. And I need it to be able to edit video,render, things of that nature at high speeds. And lastly, Id like it to look somewhat cool at the same time, have a cool color scheme. So I basically have questions about everything. I'd like to spend no more than 2,000 for all the parts to have this computer running games, online, etc. Here are the parts I have down, and basically whatever advice I could get on what would be better while maintaining that 2,000 dollar budget would be greatly appreciated, and also where I could get these parts as cheap as possible. I plan on buying the parts over like a three or four month span, so theres time to wait for sales and such.
Processor: AMD FX-8370 Black edition(4.0GHz)($200) I have trouble deciding between intel and AMD. I feel like an I7 is too expensive, but I am not sure. I'm actually seeing one on Newegg for $340(4Ghz)
Videocard;Asus Radeon R9 strix 285(5.6GHz)($260) I'm planning on getting two videocards and running SLI or Crossfire, so two would be about $520. So what videocards would be best for this budget, and running two of them?
Motherboard: MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 GAMING($100). I'm not looking to spend much more than $200 on a motherboard and I have little knowledge on what is important in one.
RAM: G skill 16 Gb ripjaws 2x8.($120) I know this isn't as important but is there any possible improvement here?
Memory: Samsung 850 pro 256 GB SATA 3 SSD.($140)
Power Supply:Corsair HXi Series HX1000i 1000W 80 Plus Platinum Certified PSU ATX Power Supply Unit (Black) ($200) Question here is Is 1000W too much, are there better options for cheaper?
WD blue caviar 1TB HDD($50) The question here is any improvement on the SSD option? I know the intels are more expensive like the rest of their parts but they're more reliable. But I have the 1Tb HDD that I'm sure could serve as a good backup.
Case: Corsair graphite series 760T(white) full tower window case.($180) I plan on installing some form of water cooling, so this case was a result of looking for something that could fit the all-in-one cooler I picked. So I'm really not sure about the case at all.
Watercooling: coder Master Nepton 240M($120) So I like the idea of the all in one option. But I would prefer something that I could get with transparent tubes that I could get in a cool color or something under 200 dollars. But if something like that isn't out there than this is my best bet.
Keyboard and mouse: CM Storm Devastator keyboard + mouse ($30) I have no idea what is best in this category. Ive been using a wirelesse logitech keyboard and mouse that was like fifteen dollars for a year. I'm going wired so whatever you guys think is best for that under $50 I'll do.
Speakers: Cosgrove Bass Pulse Computer Speaker System($60) This was just one of the first things I found. I'm looking for something cool with good sound for around this price, not much more.
Monitors: Acer H6 Series IPS LED HD(21.5 inch) H236HL ($350) for three I'm estimating. So I definitely want three monitors, not tvs because from what I've read you're not supposed to run a computer on a tv. So I need three monitors for around this price that can keep up with the rest of the computer. thin bezel would be cool. Also 3 DVI cables for around $30 Im guessing for the connections. Any advice on this is fine.
Internet: I'd like to improve my internet speeds. My computer now has an exterior wireless adapter that sits on top of the case and looks really stupid. I know a lot of it depends on the internet plan you have so I'd just like any advice on doing whatever I can in the computer.
So that should wrap it up. Sorry this is so long, but like I said I don't know nearly enough to invest as much money as I want into this computer. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on all the parts on what would be better for performance and how to save money. Thanks, -Kris

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
What country are you in? An AMD cpu has no business in a $2000 build. They look good on paper, but any random i5 would outperform than 8 core FX all day long. Never look to start a new build with two midrange video cards. Always get the strongest single video card you can afford.

XiPH3R

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2014

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Kris Hastings

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

usa