New GeForce Driver Supports ‘D2: Warmind,’ ‘Conan Exiles,’ ‘PoE II: Deadfire’

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrakazog

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I'm sure the code 43 error was just a small mistake. Nvidia probably configured the driver for the one GTX 1060 they make, but not the OTHER GTX 1060 they also make. They just got confused. I'm sure it won't happen with the two GTX 1030's they make.....

Gh0stWalker

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
I have gone part way to implementing a driver/framework matrix installer. This version of this driver (Tesla, quadro, amd, geforce) for this platform (w10,w7, linuxen, bsd,osx, docker), and this version of that framework (CUDA, cuDNN etc). Turns out it is not that bad, hardware profiles under wXP would have been nice, thanks for killing them off MSNSA... Anaconda environments help, as does wrangling path and environment variables, registry keys are entropically difficult without a robust differencing mechanism - no easy thing. Easier to do under linux, for the moment. Drivers in 'kernel' cause issues though, as do excessively restrictive header files. The latest incarnation of vs2017 has broken a lot of things... It IS possible to get cuda examples running on VS2017, compiling *without updating* previous incarnations (vs2015, vs2013, vs2010 e.g.) CASLR and ASLR ameliorations have covertly broken a lot of things (linking to non-canon libraries and tools under OSX for example). We live in very difficult times as developers, unless we swallow the paywalled cool-aid and go into the cloud, we are faced with massive regression and combinatorial complexities designed to break us. This applies especially if you are an alien, non-minority (in other words deemed not in vogue by the powers of spin orchestrating and hiding all of this in plain sight). Containerisation will only get you so far, especially if you want CUDA, uninvestigated for games. If you get the layers of frameworks right, you can do Tensorflow accelerated in a Container - which is very difficult to keep going though, when you have little Russian dollies pissing over everything. But it can be done! I am surprised some anarchistic types have not seen the opportunity for implementing such a devops tool for the consumer - could be worth a buck or two...

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009

They are really slick, you don't need a monitor, it uses the nearest flat surface (within 50 feet) as a display!

bananaforscale

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Seems to still have the driver unloading bug. Either that or something else is causing stuff (Chrome on occasion, Battle.net app, GOG client...) to crash when the PC goes to sleep and resumes. The previous driver I used (391.whatever) was stable in that respect.

i haven't experienced that with this driver. i did with the last driver before the hotfix where my screensaver would stop working and directx games would not run. i don't put my desktop in sleep mode so it may be a bug specific to that

Status
Not open for further replies.