New gfx FPS drop on cod4?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lutonlagerlout

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
thanks to rewindlabs for explaining concisely what i was trying to say ,i can take anyone of you guys here onto a promod cb server and show you exactly what jumps you can make with 250 fps that you cant make with 125 fps,this is the reason that edom and esl have put a limit on framrates
FYI anyone playing cod4 with 333fps makes no sound when walking,very handy when people are listening for you
I play with fuzion gaming and we will be attending i37 in stoneleigh park this summer,that in the uk
cheers
wobbs

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
No problem dude...the two above still managed to not even read my post ...

I read up on it a while back whilst skimming...pretty crazy how the q3 engine works...i expect the next argument in the this thread to pertain on how being able to jump farther and get into certain spots quicker gives no advantage over graphics or this etc....

Yes cod4 can be very odd at certain fps's...you can make jumps at 125 you can't at 250 and vice versa...

So are these tournaments you go to..the officials very aware of how it works? do they try to limit everyones fps?

TBH if i was in charge of the tourney all fps's would be set at 30FPS max...possibly 60 depending on the systems running the game and trying to keep the fps fluctuations low....keep it fair as well...

Best of luck at your tourneys

lutonlagerlout

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
its a weird game,but once you get used to it can be fun
on strike for instance on the attack side in SD iif you run close to the wall you gain an extra 2 M in to the statue also if you jump off the ramp and 1 of your teammates deagles you in the back you gain an extra 2 M all these small increments add up to an improved attack position
played cod WAW for a bit but found the gameplay way too slow
cheers guys
wobbs

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
FYI anyone playing cod4 with 333fps makes no sound when walking,very handy when people are listening for you

ROFL. Now thats funny. Silence is a perk you can choose. I'll take you on any day dude with my 90fps. You can jump all day right into your grave.
Internet boasting with no backup what so ever FTW!.....annoying

lutonlagerlout

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

ROFL. Now thats funny. Silence is a perk you can choose. I'll take you on any day dude with my 90fps. You can jump all day right into your grave.

thats what i like about the internet,fat kids get to act tough ;)

wobbs
;)

Wow...so Quake3 has a retarded engine that gives you a gameplay physics advantage if you have more FPS?
And COD4 has the same piece of sh*t engine as Quake3? Gawddangs...

Well thanks for that interesting article.

As for the OP, I don't think exploits like those are allowed in competitions anyways, so he should just turn up to graphics.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Internet boasting? I'm trying to prove a point that you dont need 300fps to win matches. Again, who wants to play COD4 competitively at 1024x768 all low settings and no aa/af?? Get real.
I think COD4 has the best engine out there, great graphics and not cpu/gpu intensive at all. Anyone with a 8800GT or better can play on high settings.

I guess if you consider a 6' 1" , 210lb, 36 year old, a fat kid.......whatever makes your e-penis bigger right?
Get off the internet old fat man (jk) i'm not either! yay lets start a club! 6' 1" 130-135lb! :kaola:

But anyways im not here to defend anyone on how oh you need 300fps to win a match just that it gives you a huge advantage on any map with a jump in area to gain higher ground etc...and that it of course exists...

Really if you play your cards right it won't matter where the hell he jumps...but if he and a few other guys get into position say this was a team game of course they can have a scissor formation of gun fire and turn the score board around...same goes for if he was running solo

lutonlagerlout

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Internet boasting? I'm trying to prove a point that you dont need 300fps to win matches. Again, who wants to play COD4 competitively at 1024x768 all low settings and no aa/af?? Get real.
I think COD4 has the best engine out there, great graphics and not cpu/gpu intensive at all. Anyone with a 8800GT or better can play on high settings.

I guess if you consider a 6' 1" , 210lb, 36 year old, a fat kid.......whatever makes your e-penis bigger right?

5' 11", 16 and a half stone 41 yr old (think thats 232lb) bricklayer

looks like I am the oldest and fattest :bounce:

I dont know a lot about this stuff ,and to be honest its been an education,The fps thing is part of the game, i play with this squad and they aint bad
http://clanbase.ggl.com/claninfo.php?cid=1182729

all the best :hello:

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I'm curious, do they let you bring your own rig to officail tournaments?

Because of all the wierd fps effects in the strange engine (strange is one word for it.. I would call it broken.. but thats becasue I do physcis.. and basing physics on the FPS is just silly!!) any tournaments I've seen all run on a rig of the exact same specs, the only thing you bring is a keyboard, mouse, and headset.. the guys running the tournament then setup those for you, and all fps is caped a bit higher than the refresh rate of the monitor. 100fps from what i gathered..

That or the tournament was all on PS3's... which sems more common than on the PC around where I live...lol

lutonlagerlout

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/news/i36/
£5000 first prize aint bad,you have to bring your own rig, keyboard,monitor,and mouse, of course you have to win it and with teams like reason-gaming there and dignitas its hard for everyone
its a good few days for the team though,we are fielding 2 teams at i37
cheers wobbs

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
DAMN!

I live in us Tennessee and there are no tourneys around here...not very many local pc gamers either...need to travel out to a tournament soon :sweat:

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

I know that all to well :na:

*loads glock and ak...*

About the only thing i like about living here is shooting my many guns of many calibers and the lakes...other the that BOOO!

fishin? not really any good lakes/rivers or other good fishing spots here on the east coast...

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

No a turbo power honda jetski that rolls along at 65mph.....its my anti drug :love: such a rush