Question New Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 not going to POST, even after using Q-Flash to update BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2023
This question, I'm posting for a friend who has currently finished his build, and is getting ready to install Windows on a new SSD
However, his monitor while plugged in will not give any signal from his computer. Similar posts from Ryzen Gen 5 (His is 5900X) require updated versions of BIOS. As of now its updated to the most recent, F15d, and yet, still will not go to POST. Any help here will be apreciated

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 2X 8GB
MB: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2

Last edited:
As of now its updated to the most recent, F15d, and yet, still will not go to POST. Any help here will be apreciated
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ventus 2X 8GB
MB: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2
Did they reset CMOS after updating BIOS? I suggest doing it with pulling out the battery as they short the pins for a few minutes.

What indications are they getting? Specifically, what troubleshooting LED's are lit on the board. Check the manual for their location. If the board doesn't have troubleshooting LED's they'll need a system speaker to hear the beep codes. This gives them information on where it's failing during POST.

Have they tried memory in different sockets, one DIMM at a time? Any time they change memory configuration...or CPU if hey have another one...reset the CMOS after making the changes before powering and starting up again.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023
We haven't tried clearing CMOS with the battery removed yet,

From the looks of it, the manual doesn't have any mention of troubleshooting LEDs, nor could I visibly see any on the motherboard. No indications, just blank screen, case fans run, momentarily Back I/O will light up

Different sockets for memory hasn't been explored, but likely not the cause as before they were working fine, Memory is in DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 as shown on the manual, and a different CPU is out of the question at the moment

We haven't tried clearing CMOS with the battery removed yet,

From the looks of it, the manual doesn't have any mention of troubleshooting LEDs, nor could I visibly see any on the motherboard. No indications, just blank screen, case fans run, momentarily Back I/O will light up
Definitely try the CMOS reset with a battery pull since it's pretty easy to do.

With no troubleshooting LED's you'll have to get a system speaker to hear beep codes and get an idea what's going on. One might have come in the box with your motherboard or case but it's not usually expensive if one did not. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MEETOOT-Motherboard-Speaker-Computer-Internal/dp/B09JP46LB6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EXKM934CIHQ7&keywords=motherboard+system+speaker&qid=1674483853&sprefix=motherboard+system+speaker,aps,55&sr=8-3

Your manual shows the pins to hook it up at. Once you have the beeps you can narrow down the problem area:
https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543

Jan 22, 2023
Definitely try the CMOS reset with a battery pull since it's pretty easy to do.

With no troubleshooting LED's you'll have to get a system speaker to hear beep codes and get an idea what's going on. One might have come in the box with your motherboard or case but it's not usually expensive if one did not. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MEETOOT-Motherboard-Speaker-Computer-Internal/dp/B09JP46LB6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2EXKM934CIHQ7&keywords=motherboard+system+speaker&qid=1674483853&sprefix=motherboard+system+speaker,aps,55&sr=8-3

Your manual shows the pins to hook it up at. Once you have the beeps you can narrow down the problem area:
https://www.lifewire.com/amibios-beep-codes-2624543

Update on this, we got a speaker, 2 clicks, points us to RAM

Now begins the part that looks a little bit strange
RAM sticks have serial code: CM4X8GF2133C13K4
Potential deciphering of this using Corsairs website can bring it to this: CMK8GX4F42133C13
Now on Corsairs website and even on the GIGABYTE Memory Support List, Corsair RAM usually is listed like, CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16W, which the current RAM is missing a few letters.

Now I am to believe that the RAM is most likely outdated, despite on the GIGABYTE Specifications of usable RAM, it being able to run 2133MHz with 2x8GB ram sticks.

Just now wanting to know if my conclusion on this is likely to be the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.