Question New Gigabyte RTX 4090 power hook up?

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
We have a new gigabyte RTX 4090 Aero (or my wife does...)
We have a Corsair RM1000x. It states it requires 3 power legs to operate and 4 for the OCing and full benefits of the card. The PCIe/CPU slots threw me until I learned it is the plug that changes the power option i.e. PCIe/CPU. I bought a custom power cable with only 2 male 8 pins to the 16 pin connector. Can I just buy (2 ) 1-8 pin female to two male 8 pins to cover the 4 leg power.

PSU-4-8 pin males to 2 1-8 pin females to the 2 male 8 pins on the custom cord to the 16 pin GPU connector?

4 to 2/2 to 2/2 to 1

I have a diagram I made residing in my pictures folder but i don't exactly know how y'all are wanting me to get it to you with the URL/Link options (even a screenshot)???

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to upload your images on Imgur(or their ilk) and pass on the link into the thread. As for your custom cables, you might want to also include links of what you've bought it from(alongside pics of the cables you have).

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

You might want to upload your images on Imgur(or their ilk) and pass on the link into the thread. As for your custom cables, you might want to also include links of what you've bought it from(alongside pics of the cables you have).
Finally, here's the image to look at. It seems pretty straight forward. Then again I never knew the difference between a PCIe and CPU power connections was one pole. I cant find the 4 to 1 connecter in white this is why all of this crap. I'm not sure why these makers of PSU's haven't put more thought into the cable management for their products and or why there isn't a black and a white option already available in the box considering how much we spend on this stuff (not to mention keeping prices higher now that they know we'll pay the price...everybody trying to retire on their last sale...) Thanks! jmf50!

PS- the white 1 to 2 cable we have. It's the adaptors I'm wondering about handling the load...

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Finally, here's the image to look at. It seems pretty straight forward. Then again I never knew the difference between a PCIe and CPU power connections was one pole. I cant find the 4 to 1 connecter in white this is why all of this crap. I'm not sure why these makers of PSU's haven't put more thought into the cable management for their products and or why there isn't a black and a white option already available in the box considering how much we spend on this stuff (not to mention keeping prices higher now that they know we'll pay the price...everybody trying to retire on their last sale...) Thanks! jmf50!

PS- the white 1 to 2 cable we have. It's the adaptors I'm wondering about handling the load...