• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question New GPU 1660 card temp fluctuating

Apr 29, 2019
hello i just bought msi gaming x 1660 2 months ago, when i launch any game while using msi after burner to monitor gpu temp, the readings are not stable like 58-60-63-59-64-60
and temp degrees dont go like that, it should take time to go from a degree to another not like this madness
played cs go after i started the pc just joined the game and goes from 58 -61-63-60-64-69-63
could it be faulty cooling system for the gpu ? or the monitoring software? or the motherboard sensors?

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
This is completely normal.
Firstly the chips for both CPU and GPU can rapidly change temperature dependant on load / demand on it. And can jump a few degrees rapidly.

Secondly, there can be a delay between a sensor reading and the result the software outputs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you have described and is completely normal / expected.

Apr 29, 2019
This is completely normal.
Firstly the chips for both CPU and GPU can rapidly change temperature dependant on load / demand on it. And can jump a few degrees rapidly.

Secondly, there can be a delay between a sensor reading and the result the software outputs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you have described and is completely normal / expected.
thanks for the explaination. are the temps normal ? operating gpu at 63-68 fpr 60%-70% usage and cpu 62- 20%-40% usage

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS