Question New GPU 1660 card temp fluctuating

Apr 29, 2019
hello i just bought msi gaming x 1660 2 months ago, when i launch any game while using msi after burner to monitor gpu temp, the readings are not stable like 58-60-63-59-64-60
and temp degrees dont go like that, it should take time to go from a degree to another not like this madness
played cs go after i started the pc just joined the game and goes from 58 -61-63-60-64-69-63
could it be faulty cooling system for the gpu ? or the monitoring software? or the motherboard sensors?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
This is completely normal.
Firstly the chips for both CPU and GPU can rapidly change temperature dependant on load / demand on it. And can jump a few degrees rapidly.

Secondly, there can be a delay between a sensor reading and the result the software outputs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you have described and is completely normal / expected.

Apr 29, 2019
This is completely normal.
Firstly the chips for both CPU and GPU can rapidly change temperature dependant on load / demand on it. And can jump a few degrees rapidly.

Secondly, there can be a delay between a sensor reading and the result the software outputs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you have described and is completely normal / expected.
thanks for the explaination. are the temps normal ? operating gpu at 63-68 fpr 60%-70% usage and cpu 62- 20%-40% usage