Question NEW GPU and PSU, booted into BIOs, then turned off not able to turn on again, all signs point to PSU

chezney123

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
NEW GPU and PSU, booted into BIOs, then turned off not able to turn on again, all signs point to PSU faulty, stinks, EVERYTHING is connected properly.

GPU light flicks, Mobo light on, no power when turning PC on, No fan movement.

Switched PSU from off brand 500w to a 750w Corsiar CX750m

GPU from a 1070 to a 6800xt, my only worry is the GPU is somehow <Mod Edit>, yet i'm sure the PSU fuses have done their job.

Brought a new 1000w corsair PSU and will see tomorrow, anyone else got any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 13, 2022
NEW GPU and PSU, booted into BIOs, then turned off not able to turn on again, all signs point to PSU faulty, stinks, EVERYTHING is connected properly.

GPU from a 1070 to a 6800xt, my only worry is the GPU is somehow <Mod Edit>, yet i'm sure the PSU fuses have done their job.

Brought a new 1000w corsair PSU and will see tomorrow, anyone else got any ideas ?
Hard to tell from here without the specs of the pc

DSzymborski

Titan

What was powered by what and when with what results? There's a lack of specificity that makes this hard to follow the timeline.

That you were powering either a 1070 or a 6800 XT with some dodgy off-brand PSU is very disturbing. If so, it could very well have destroyed the GPU in question.

Full specs are needed. It would be useful to know how horrifying the PSU was -- junk PSUs very well may not have protected the GPU -- and things like your CPU. Incompete information leads to vague answers!

Last edited by a moderator:

chezney123

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
What was powered by what and when with what results? There's a lack of specificity that makes this hard to follow the timeline.

That you were powering either a 1070 or a 6800 XT with some dodgy off-brand PSU is very disturbing. If so, it could very well have destroyed the GPU in question.

Full specs are needed. It would be useful to know how horrifying the PSU was -- junk PSUs very well may not have protected the GPU -- and things like your CPU. Incompete information leads to vague answers!
Thats incorrect.

I have a new GPU and a new PSU.

I swapped out both, 1070 has been running since the card released on that "Dodgy PSU"

The PSU that's dead is the corsair one. Completely dead after first hour.

I clarify again, i booted the PC up with a CX750M PSU with a 2700x and a 6800xt

The old 500w PSU has never been in the same build as the 6800xt as it wouldn't be powerful enough.

TRENDING THREADS