Question New GPU and unsure

Chiizu121

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hello I’m looking into getting a new GPU for my pc and I’m looking at a 1050ti 4GB and I’ve made sure it fits my motherboard.

Here’s where the questions come in
1) is there anyway I can find out the total power being currently used by my PC hardware like cpu etc in case I need a bigger PSU

2) also I’ve never changed a GPU myself it seems simple in taking screws off and opening the latch and then putting it back in and plugging into the PSU but is there anything I need to do afterwards and any potential problems I may encounter

If you need any more info about my PC just post in response

Cheers

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Before you dig into these details you must consider these two things, and post your specs and your PSU, most important thing.

1. That GPU is relatively old, meaning that you could get something better for the same price (almost), depending on what resolutions you want to play and the desired graphics quality

2. Are you 100% sure you want a gtx 1050 ti 4gb (the amount of GB doesn't matter most of the times). If the answer is yes then you should go ahead and post your

If you're going with that GPU, your setup would have enough with 400-450w with a 80+ certificate

Chiizu121

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Currents specs are

GTX 750 2 GB
AMD FX-6300 3.5ghz I think
8GB DDR3 RAM not sure on brand again
1TB HDD
N68-GS4 FX MB
500W PSU at work atm so can’t check but willl update when home

And I looked into what GPUs I can fit and it seems the 1050 Ti is best as has highest benchmark that fits my MB and is relatively cheap at £125 but was also wondering if i could recycle any parts and get new MB etc if that would be more economical

Chiizu121

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Before you dig into these details you must consider these two things, and post your specs and your PSU, most important thing.

1. That GPU is relatively old, meaning that you could get something better for the same price (almost), depending on what resolutions you want to play and the desired graphics quality

2. Are you 100% sure you want a gtx 1050 ti 4gb (the amount of GB doesn't matter most of the times). If the answer is yes then you should go ahead and post your

If you're going with that GPU, your setup would have enough with 400-450w with a 80+ certificate

With regards to Q1 currently I have to run most things on low to and have constant frame drops and jumps and I think the 1050 ti would help with that

And with Q2 like just posted my specs and I believe it’s the best card I can get with current MB