Question New GPU artifacting and restarting PC

Jul 28, 2022
Hi, I just got this brand new PC with a Gigabyte 6900XT OC and right away it is artifacting and making my PC restart shortly after. I have included a couple images of the artifacting and such. I have tested the ram with memtest and there were no errors. This issue happens whether I am playing a game or just sitting on the desktop. I also get the error code 02 with a white light on the motherboard. I have tested the system with multiple monitors and 4 separate HDMI cables just to be sure. I have also reseated the GPU and moved it down to the lower slot on the motherboard to test things, but it still is having the same issue. Do you think it is the GPU or possibly something else? Here are some of the specs of the PC:
  • CPU:
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • CPU Cooler:
    All In One 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • Motherboard:
    Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) (Latest Bios)
  • Memory:
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 Mhz (4x 8GB Stick)
  • Graphics:
    Gigabyte 6900XT OC, 16GB GDDR6 (Latest Drivers)
  • Power Supply:
    Cooler Master 1050 Watt Gold

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Honestly, I'd RMA it upon seeing artifacting and trying to reinstall drivers with no change.

If you have another PSU handy, I'd probably test it with that, if it's a competent one. Assuming this is the MWE one that's fairly new, haven't seen a lot of teardowns, but it seems competent.

Jul 28, 2022
Honestly, I'd RMA it upon seeing artifacting and trying to reinstall drivers with no change.

If you have another PSU handy, I'd probably test it with that, if it's a competent one. Assuming this is the MWE one that's fairly new, haven't seen a lot of teardowns, but it seems competent.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing honestly. It just is a bummer for a new card to immediately fail like this.