[SOLVED] New gpu black screen fan ramped up

Jul 3, 2020
So I have been scouring the internet and these posts and I have to post for my self because it feels I have all the issues. New gpu 1650 super oc 4g ddr6. Installed new driver and fresh install of windows 10 64.

After 10-20 mins in game screen goes
black gpu fan speeds up 100%. And have to hard reset my pc. Boots up, then windows said display driver failed to start and has to use the onboard video. Or sometimes when it boots up. It says the same thing but everything is small or sometimes grey. Reboot and everything is fine. But eventualy playing games it will do the same thing.

Installed multiple different driver versions(of course uninstalling the previous before trying new). Same issue. I will point out. When I have to turn my pc back on. My psu fan spins slightly then stops same with case fans but won't boot up. Have to flick the power on the psu a few times before it will. I have tested taking out ram or gpu and same issue. I've also not done anything and it will eventualy turn over. I just want to make sure before I buy a new psu or return my gpu if my psu is going out or gpu is faulty.

Old card works fine GeForce 750 ti 2 or 4g can't remember as I am posting at work..

MOBO: MSI Z97 PC Mate LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2 GHZ
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PSU: Topower 650pm nano

Sorry for lengthy post. And I'm sure my psu is about 8 or 9 years old

Jul 3, 2020
Ok that's what I figured I'd do. Needs an upgrade anyways. I planned on getting a new one soon. Roomate is waiting on his parts so I'll test the psu when he gets it. Thanks for the reply