[SOLVED] New GPU but no display signal

May 23, 2019
Hi,a couple of days ago I got a good deal on an RX 580 Nitro+ 8gb (the old one was a GTX 750Ti 2gb),I just got to install it but I don't get any display signal.I am using a DP cable because my monitor doesn't have an HDMI port.I asked a friend and he suggested a BIOS update for the motherboard. Could this be a viable solution? Everithing starts pretty normally on the hardware side including the new GPU.

specs: Asus H81M-K
Corsair VS550
I5 4590
8gb ram

EDIT: apparently I am still running a 2014 version of the BIOS and the latest version is 2018

Last edited:
Solution
So basically I did a lot of stuff to try and solve this,updated the bios,reset the cmos battery on the motherboard,and I realised I did not set the monitor to show the DP signal from the settings (I know it's pretty stupid but I only used analog VGA until now so I kinda forgot about this step).
When I first installed the gpu my pc would not boot at all,only the fans would start rotating and the leds would turn on,but no boot. After I connected everything again and did all the steps mentioned above the pc would turn on properly. I don't know if the bios update or the cmos reset actually did anything so I can't say for sure If it was a solution but the monitor setting was an esential step. My big brain strikes again.
Thanks everyone for...
Apr 9, 2020
Is it a new gpu or used ? Maybe the gpu or dp cable is defective. Try hdmi with tv to see if you get something?
It's possible that you need to do a bios update but look what the bios updates do. If they don't say anything about gpu rx stuff it's useless to update the bios.

May 23, 2019
So basically I did a lot of stuff to try and solve this,updated the bios,reset the cmos battery on the motherboard,and I realised I did not set the monitor to show the DP signal from the settings (I know it's pretty stupid but I only used analog VGA until now so I kinda forgot about this step).
When I first installed the gpu my pc would not boot at all,only the fans would start rotating and the leds would turn on,but no boot. After I connected everything again and did all the steps mentioned above the pc would turn on properly. I don't know if the bios update or the cmos reset actually did anything so I can't say for sure If it was a solution but the monitor setting was an esential step. My big brain strikes again.
Thanks everyone for the help,the Rx580 works like a charm with no issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS