steventung666

Commendable
Aug 27, 2018
Spec
I5-750
Asus p7f-m
500 watt psu
GTX 660 Ti 1.5 gb

Got a new GTX660 Ti 1.5 gb and when i turn on the pc it turns off after one second. When i disconnect the PSU to the GPU and leave the G{U in the PCI e slot the pc boots on and is fine but whenever i connected the GPU to the PSU the computer boots on (everything turns on, fans, lights and everyhing else but after 1 second the pc turns off and doesnt turn on even when i press the power button on case. it only turns on whenever i switch the power on from the PSU. I tested with an older GPU (GTX 650 TI Boost) the pc turned on and was completely fine. i also test with my friends GPU which is a GTX 950 and the pc was fine. i think its a GPU problem. Thanks for the help

Solution
The 1.5GB 660Ti was, to my knowledge, only available in pre-built PCs. Does your card have a blower-style cooler? If it's got axial fans, it might be one of the bootleg Nvidia cards floating around on ebay. If so, it probably has a lower-powered GPU that does not require a 6-pin input. That may be the problem. Either way, I would recommend returning it--or just requesting a refund.

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
The 1.5GB 660Ti was, to my knowledge, only available in pre-built PCs. Does your card have a blower-style cooler? If it's got axial fans, it might be one of the bootleg Nvidia cards floating around on ebay. If so, it probably has a lower-powered GPU that does not require a 6-pin input. That may be the problem. Either way, I would recommend returning it--or just requesting a refund.

Solution