Question New GPU but wont work on moniter?

Apr 7, 2019
Ive just bought a 1050 ti and it had a DVI-D port so Ive bought a vga to dvi d adapter so ive tried that and it doesnt work.

My moniter only has a vga port

I have a i5 pc and the gpu box says recommended i7

When i have the GPU in and turn on the pc the fan starts up then stops, this mean anything?
Is this an issue, want help before i keep going out and buying more adapters and nothing happens

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Thats because the 10series do not output Analogue VGA signals.

If your monitor only support VGA, you need an ACTIVE HDMI to VGA or ACTIVE DVI to VGA adapter. This kind of adapter will have a chip to convert the signal to analogue vga.

Best option is to get a monitor that can take a digital connection.

Its normal for a 10 series gpu to stop the fan when not under load, as they dont create much heat at idle.

Reactions: DrewDDT

Ryan Rosser

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
“Check Video Cable” comes up
without your graphics card plugged in on windows go to device manager then look for display adapters click onto it and it should say what ever integrated graphics you have then right click on it then click disable then once you've done that click shutdown on windows do not hold the power button once its shut down plug your graphics card in and turn it on and it should work also intel recommends a i7 because the cpu tells the gpu what to do and the better the cpu you have the better your gpu will perform

Apr 7, 2019
without your graphics card plugged in on windows go to device manager then look for display adapters click onto it and it should say what ever integrated graphics you have then right click on it then click disable then once you've done that click shutdown on windows do not hold the power button once its shut down plug your graphics card in and turn it on and it should work also intel recommends a i7 because the cpu tells the gpu what to do and the better the cpu you have the better your gpu will perform
Nothing happened, still says “check video cable” but when i plug in my vga to the mother board it come up with “no signal”

Apr 7, 2019
Thats because the 10series do not output Analogue VGA signals.

If your monitor only support VGA, you need an ACTIVE HDMI to VGA or ACTIVE DVI to VGA adapter. This kind of adapter will have a chip to convert the signal to analogue vga.

Best option is to get a monitor that can take a digital connection.

Its normal for a 10 series gpu to stop the fan when not under load, as they dont create much heat at idle.
Ok thanks, i tried using hdmi to hdmi to my tv (as a moniter) and nothing