[SOLVED] New gpu card help

Oct 25, 2020
I have an asrock ad350 k4 mb with a 2200g apu. I am thinking of getting a 4gb gpu card. I It has pci 3 slots. Am I better off looking for a pci-e 4 card for future proofing, or a pci_e 3 card.
Thanks Shane.

Solution
Well if you dont game and dont use any gpu intensive programs, you certainly dont need gen 4 gpu. I think the apu you have is enough for your needs for now. If you still want a dedicated gpu, you can get an used gtx 1050 ti or even new ones go for cheap.

poorbugger

Distinguished
The performance difference between pcie gen 4 and pcie gen 3 is negligible for now but that depends on the cpu as well. For ryzen chips, you'll need at least b550 motherboard and zen 2 cpus to support gen 4. So your motherboard and cpu do not support pcie gen 4. What's your budget and the resolution that you're playing on?

poorbugger

Distinguished
Well if you dont game and dont use any gpu intensive programs, you certainly dont need gen 4 gpu. I think the apu you have is enough for your needs for now. If you still want a dedicated gpu, you can get an used gtx 1050 ti or even new ones go for cheap.

Reactions: Red61
Solution
Oct 25, 2020
Yep thank you for your help. I don't know why but I am going to stick to a amd gpu if I can find a decent one on ebay. Again thank you for your help