Question New GPU Catch 22?

Jul 7, 2022
I just got a new 3070 ti GPU to replace my 1070 ti. Prior card worked fine, just ready for an upgrade. Problem is that my new GPU does not output anything to my display when connected via the Display Port on the card. The rest of the system seems to be working fine as I get graphics from the CPU when my Display Port cable is plugged into the motherboard instead of the GPU.
Some things I've tried:
  1. Cables and PSU: Seem to be fine. Cables are firmly connected and in good condition. I had to buy an extra 8 -pin to 8-pin VGA cable from EVGA to connect my new GPU to my PSU (EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 ). GPU fans run on startup and my PSU should be able to handle this card.
  2. I disabled Fast Start in BIOS to give my system more time to detect my new GPU.
  3. Update GPU drivers. I deleted the old drivers first using DDU to get a clean uninstall. Problem is that when I downloaded the driver (Windows 10 64 bit Game Ready drivers for 3070 ti) and tried to install, I get a message that the installation cannot continue due to being incompatible with my version of windows. I am running the latest version of windows (21H1 OS Build 19043.1766).
  4. I downloaded Nvidia GeForce Experience to see if I could get drivers that way. When I try to install it, the installer tells me it cannot continue because "Nvidia GeForce Experience requires an Nvidia GPU".
  5. I tried to find my new card in Windows Device Manager to see if I could update drivers there. It does not appear under Display Adapters, even when show hidden devices is selected. The fixes I have found for this seem to be to update the GPU drivers, which bring me back to where I started.
So I seem to be stuck in a bit of a catch 22. I can't install the GPU drivers because my system can't see the card, and my system can't see the card because there are no drivers installed.

Any ideas?

System Specs:
CPU: 4790k
Windows 10 64-bit (21H1 OS Build 19043.1766)
GPU: 3070 ti FE
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
RAM: 16 GB
MB: Asus Z97-PRO

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I thought, go into the bios with the display cable hooked up to the motherboard, then find setting for display 1st and set it to your PCie (its called something different in various bioses), whilst there you might want to turn of the iGPU and reboot plugging your display cable back into the dedicated card, should solve the problem, if it's not something ells that might be wrong.