[SOLVED] New GPU causes artifacts and game crash ?

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
So i bought new gpu its rx 470, but the gpu cause artifact and game crash, so i send it back to the store, but the store refuse to give the waranty because when they tested the gpu still good, so i tried to reinstall the driver and it works for 3 week without any screen problem, but the game start crashing and artifact again, so i decided to unistall it using DDU, eventualy the problem become more often, and just 20 minuted play it crash and pixelated, and send me back to deskop, i dont know what wrong with my component so here's my sytem
Ryzen 3 3200g
rx 470 biostar
1 x 8 gb
2 HDD 7200
GIGABYTE A320M-S2H V2
500W optimus quantum k2-500ap

All components are new, except for the psu, but i had been told that the psu capable for handling that gpu.( if it's the psu could it be the gpu has been damage or not?)

Solution
May be a bad card then because the be quiet system power 9 is way better quality than what you had before.
To be absolutely sure though, you need to try the card on a different PC which has a top-quality PSU in it like a Corsair, Seasonic or an EVGA.
Any of your mates got a top-notch system you can try it on?

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
That cheap & poor-quality PSU is most likely to blame in my opinion --- definitley not suitable for a gaming PC.

If PSU suddenly fails then it can certainly damage other components, GPU included. But you won't know until you install a good-quality PSU.

Are there is a chance the gpu already damage? just want to know

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
Yes there is a chance but only a small one. Damage doesn't usually occur unless the PSU suddenly fails completely (ie goes dead, blows up or burns itself out).
And it's worth remembering that those events are more likely to occur if the PSU is poor quality.
So if i change the psu to good one, if there still the problem, the problem will be only on driver of the gpu?

With any luck, and provided you install a good-quality PSU (Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA are all good-quality brands), your GPU will work properly with the driver you've already installed.

Incidentally, whoever told you that cheap PSU was okay for that GPU, they were only thinking of the PSU wattage. There is more to choosing a suitable PSU than just it's wattage.
Quality matters as well, the PSU is the most vital part of your system so it has to be good quality.

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
With any luck, and provided you install a good-quality PSU (Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA are all good-quality brands), your GPU will work properly with the driver you've already installed.

Incidentally, whoever told you that cheap PSU was okay for that GPU, they were only thinking of the PSU wattage. There is more to choosing a suitable PSU than just it's wattage.
Quality matters as well, the PSU is the most vital part of your system so it has to be good quality.
Thanks for the advise

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020

1 more thing, i just tried furmark for about 14 minutes with 1600x900 and 2 MXA, after 14 minutes i stop the furmark and run it again with no AA, sudenly the monitor goes no signal, just wanna know it GPU Failure or still PSU Failure

Furmark is a very intensive GPU stress-test which you shouldn't be running till you get a decent PSU, in fact you shouldn't be gaming either until the PSU is changed.
Stress-testing and gaming makes more demands on the PSU so you are really risking doing some damage by causing the PSU to fail (when that happens your PC will suddenly shut down.

So stop pushing your system and concentrate on getting a good PSU installed.

GPU will hopefully be okay, but it may not be if you keep pushing that cheap PSU.

I don't know how else I can say this, but you will only know for sure if the GPU has been damaged after you've installed a good quality PSU.
I cannot say 100% that your GPU is okay, nor can anyone else at this stage.
I understand how you need reassurance right now, but that will only come when you fit a new PSU and power it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alleem

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
Read my post again, I added some more.
I already change my psu to bequite system power 9 and i still had it, so it's the gpu i think
Furmark is a very intensive GPU stress-test which you shouldn't be running till you get a decent PSU, in fact you shouldn't be gaming either until the PSU is changed.
Stress-testing and gaming makes more demands on the PSU so you are really risking doing some damage by causing the PSU to fail (when that happens your PC will suddenly shut down.

So stop pushing your system and concentrate on getting a good PSU installed.

GPU will hopefully be okay, but it may not be if you keep pushing that cheap PSU.

I don't know how else I can say this, but you will only know for sure if the GPU has been damaged after you've installed a good quality PSU.
I cannot say 100% that your GPU is okay, nor can anyone else at this stage.
I understand how you need reassurance right now, but that will only come when you fit a new PSU and power it up.
It's the gpu, i already change my psu to be quite system power 9 and i still had a artifact while playing games

May be a bad card then because the be quiet system power 9 is way better quality than what you had before.
To be absolutely sure though, you need to try the card on a different PC which has a top-quality PSU in it like a Corsair, Seasonic or an EVGA.

Solution

Alleem

Commendable
Oct 28, 2020
alright i'm gonna try it