Question new gpu+cpu freezing in demanding games

Dec 29, 2019
Ok,so yesterday I went out and bought some new components for my pc.I bought an I5 4690(still on 1150),a Sapphire RX580 4GB and a 620W PSU.I installed the parts and everything worked fine until today.
I got 2 games and I wanted to test the PC on demanding games.I played a bit of League before and it worked just fine.Started Forza Horizon 4,the game auto detected my components and it was set to high.I tried to start the game and there was the issue.
The first second I got into the game,my GPU stopped outputing any kind of signal to my monitor and the sound just started buzzing.The PC didn t even restart,I had to restart it manually.I thought it was because of the game,so I tried Borderlands 3.Same story,tried 2 times and the second time I got like 10 mins of gameplay before the freeze.I ran stress tests on the GPU and CPU and with 5 mins of 100% usage the temps were at like 65-70 C on both the CPU and GPU,and the gpu fans were at 50%.
I have the latest Windows update and I have the latest gpu Drivers from AMD.
I m really frustrated and I really want some help
My PC full specs:
MOBO:ASRock B85M Pro3
CPU:I5 4690(stock cooler)
GPU:Sapphire RX580 4GB
RAM:HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3
HDD:Western Digital 1TB(4 years old)
PSU:ARGUS 620W 80PLUS
P.S:My GPU has 2 connectors,1 was 8 pin and 1 was 6 and my PSU only had the 8 pin one so I went out and bought an adapter from MOLEX to PCI-

Dec 29, 2019
So,you would say it s related to the PSU?I can t explain how the stress tests and the benchmarks from the games worked flawless.Had a tight budget,went all in on cpu and gpu.

Dec 29, 2019
ok,so next month I will be upgrading the PSU to a much better one.Can I still do some light gaming on the PC?Like not use the CPU and GPU that much so it doesn t need so much energy

Dec 28, 2019
as long as it is not overheating ( keep an eye on temps ) it wont be a problem. but with the adapter you bought it may be dodgy so its your choice if its worth the risk.

Dec 29, 2019
It s a brand from my country.I don t have a big budget.I've read reviews for a Seasonic 620W 80 Plus Bronze,everyone had that ticking sound after some time.Here in my country,EVGA PSU s are impossible to find.Corsair is pretty pricey on good quality PSU s.Do you have some options to give me?My budget is around 70 USD.

It s a brand from my country.I don t have a big budget.I've read reviews for a Seasonic 620W 80 Plus Bronze,everyone had that ticking sound after some time.Here in my country,EVGA PSU s are impossible to find.Corsair is pretty pricey on good quality PSU s.Do you have some options to give me?My budget is around 70 USD.
List everything that is in your budget that you can get. A seasonic 620w is better than what you’ve listed.

Dec 29, 2019
Based on your options, this is probably the best. It does have Japanese capacitors which is good and a strong 12v line. Having the extra 100w will keep you from getting close to pushing it which should help as well.
Ok,I m getting the EVGA power supply.Thanks for the help!

Dec 29, 2019
Guys I upgraded my PSU,went for a SuperFlower Leadex II 650W 80 Plus gold.I have the same problem.I go into a game and while playing it just freezes,the screen goes black and all I can hear is a buzzing sound

TRENDING THREADS