Question New GPU - Defective or Working Properly?

Dec 27, 2021
Hi there.
I've just built a new desktop pc, but I don't think the GPU is working correctly. I'm using a ASUS RTX 3060 TUF 12GB V2 graphics card with a ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 motherboard. To give you some backstory.

The GPU is outputting video, but I can't find the component listed in my bios settings. The RGB components on the GPU also don't light up.
When I first installed windows 10 the GPU wasn't showing in the task manager until the drivers automatically updated a few minutes latter.
I've used ASUS Aurora Sync to try get the GPU RGB working, it can see the component is installed but it never lights up.
I've also updated my motherboard bios to the latest version, but to no avail.

Any general thoughts on how to fix this card? Every other component is working fine.
Otherwise I'm thinking of returning it.

~Thanks in advance.

Only the top level motherboards will list GPU details in BIOS, most others just don't mention GPU at all. The proper place to find if GPU is fine is Windows Device Manager. Check if it's shown there without any errors.
RGB is different story. You may have perfectly working GPU with faulty RGB, or it's just a matter of having wrong settings. Aura Sync apps sometimes are making more problems then solving them, so uninstall it and see if RGB on card will work on it's own. In any case, if everything else is fine with card I would personally disregard non-working RGB.

Reactions: KyaraM
Dec 27, 2021
Only the top level motherboards will list GPU details in BIOS, most others just don't mention GPU at all. The proper place to find if GPU is fine is Windows Device Manager. Check if it's shown there without any errors.
RGB is different story. You may have perfectly working GPU with faulty RGB, or it's just a matter of having wrong settings. Aura Sync apps sometimes are making more problems then solving them, so uninstall it and see if RGB on card will work on it's own. In any case, if everything else is fine with card I would personally disregard non-working RGB.

Thanks DRagor, that's reassuring to know. I've tried your advice, sadly it seems the GPU's RGB is defective.

Reactions: DRagor