[SOLVED] New GPU doesn’t give any signal??

Dec 1, 2019
I got an RX 580 and I put it in my Dell XPS 8500 (yes, with a sufficient PSU replacement) and it gives no signal... help!!

Solution
I am sorry to disappoint you but that is a very poor quality unit. One of the bad ones that EVGA has out there. You should not have bought this to power a gaming rig. Maybe an office PC but certainly not anything remotely mediocre to good. If you can return it and take another one, that would be best.

For your problem, try the GPU in another system or use another PSU in yours. If it works in another system, the problem lies in your PC hardware and not the...
Dec 1, 2019
Yes the GPU is attached directly to the PSU and the motherboard and I still get nothing, as for the other guy, yes I tried directly attaching the HDMI port to the card.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
this xps?

have you checked in the dell site if there is a bios update that might help you in this case?

about the gpu, you say you connected the gpu, does it use 2 power cables or just one?

the gpu itself, did you installed it in the upper pci express x16 slot on that dell xps?

Dec 1, 2019
this xps?

have you checked in the dell site if there is a bios update that might help you in this case?

about the gpu, you say you connected the gpu, does it use 2 power cables or just one?

the gpu itself, did you installed it in the upper pci express x16 slot on that dell xps?
Nope, one with an i5 3450. Also an update, I installed the drivers without the card in and put the card in yesterday, now the pc doesn’t power...
so...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
what drivers, i said bios, bios is not a driver, and needs a specific process to be done correctly

now, what exactly did you install, downloaded from where?

that i5 has a internal gpu, the hdmi or vga on the back of that pc does n0ot give any signal?

I am sorry to disappoint you but that is a very poor quality unit. One of the bad ones that EVGA has out there. You should not have bought this to power a gaming rig. Maybe an office PC but certainly not anything remotely mediocre to good. If you can return it and take another one, that would be best.

For your problem, try the GPU in another system or use another PSU in yours. If it works in another system, the problem lies in your PC hardware and not the GPU. If it works in yours with another PSU, it's the crappy EVGA's unit fault.

Solution