Question New GPU fans Speed "hiccups" randomly?

Feb 28, 2020
Just received a RTX 2060 Gallardo from manli here. Installed it, installed latest drivers and played. If you load It without a curve the Speed of the fans remains the base One (which I assume Is 34% according to afterburner). Of I apply a curve to keep the temps down (tried with OC and without) at a certain point (60-70%+) the fans start to hiccup every 4-5 minutes or so. By that I mean they Just stop for a split second and start again. Afterburner doesn't record the difference at all, I don't know it's because It Is too fast to detect or because it's Simply not reported. Also tried without a curve setting the fans to 70% flat and the problem occurred anyways. Ati Lower rps it Is either not happening or Simply not noticeable because of the Lower sound. I am worried for the gpu durability at this point with this behaviour. May harm It overtime. Hope you guys know something I might try to fix It, otherwise I Will have to send it to Manli... Which may be problematic from Italy. Will never buy cheap arse custom cards anymore.

mobo: gigabyte b360m d2v
psu: bequiet system 9 bronze 80+ 400w
cpu: i3-8100
gpu: manli rtx 2060 gallardo
ram: hyperx fury 3000 mhz (running at 2400mhz because of cpu&mobo)
storage: (don't know if they matter) sabrent rocket m2 + 7,6k rpm hdd

Tried it with various games but mostly with kombustor.
Using Windows 10 Professional up to date.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

What games or apps are you running?

Sorry for not including those infos at the start, here you go ^^.

mobo: gigabyte b360m d2v
psu: bequiet system 9 bronze 80+ 400w
cpu: i3-8100
gpu: manli rtx 2060 gallardo
ram: hyperx fury 3000 mhz (running at 2400mhz because of cpu&mobo)
storage: (don't know if they matter) sabrent rocket m2 + 7,6k rpm hdd
Tried it with various games but mostly with kombustor.

Feb 28, 2020
You can try to manually set fan speeds BUT the throttling may be locked and the fans will continue to ramp up and down according to GPU temps. At that point a BIOS change would be needed
As I wrote originally I already tried with manual speed and it happened anyway. However I must be missing something, why would they throttle?