[SOLVED] New GPU for an i7 6700k

May 12, 2020
Hello everyone, i´m waiting to buy a new gpu to replame my gtx 970.
My specs are:
PSU corsair rm 750
GPU msi 970 gtx oc
MB Asus z170 pro gaming
i7 6700k
fan noctua db12
16 gb gsill trident ddr4 3000 mhz
Monitor 1920x1080 144hz

The question is: could an rtx 2070 super, work fine wih my processor? I only want to play games at 1080 and at least 60-100hz. and try to keep my computer at least 4 years.

my two options are Zotac rtx 2070 super amp extreme 569eur
and KFA2 2070 rtx super 1 click OC 479 eur.

Thnaks for your comments.

Solution
You don't need an 2070 Super for Ultra 1080p gaming. A 2060 Super is plenty.

Yes, they should work fine with that hardware configuration. Obviously you will have SOME lack of performance, possibly, in games that can use a lot of threads, especially if you are recording or streaming, or doing other heavy multitasking, but overall you should be fine. The single core performance has not changed a lot since the 6th Gen to now so for games that rely mainly on few cores or strong single core, you are not in any way limited in your choice of GPU. You could choose a 2080 TI and be fine. In fact, the only way your CPU will make a major difference is in games or parts of games, where CPU performance is highly taxed. If it's a GPU bound game...
You don't need an 2070 Super for Ultra 1080p gaming. A 2060 Super is plenty.

Yes, they should work fine with that hardware configuration. Obviously you will have SOME lack of performance, possibly, in games that can use a lot of threads, especially if you are recording or streaming, or doing other heavy multitasking, but overall you should be fine. The single core performance has not changed a lot since the 6th Gen to now so for games that rely mainly on few cores or strong single core, you are not in any way limited in your choice of GPU. You could choose a 2080 TI and be fine. In fact, the only way your CPU will make a major difference is in games or parts of games, where CPU performance is highly taxed. If it's a GPU bound game, you are not going to notice tremendous issues even with a CPU that is four generations old next to a current gen flagship graphics card.

Solution