Question New GPU - Games Freeze

Jun 19, 2021
My games had been running quite slowly, so I decided to get a graphics card, since up to then I'd been using integrated graphics. I installed the new card (GT 1030) and my games will run fine until a random point where everything completely freezes and will then reset itself after a few minutes. This freezing never occurred using integrated graphics. I tried doing a clean install with DDU and that didn't help. I took the card back and got another one (GTX 1650) and I'm still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
CPU: AMD A8-7650K
MoBo: Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz
PSU: EVGA 600W

Oxicoi

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
I didn't realise that could cause freezing.
So I need a new CPU then? Any advice on which one?
Good days of A8. I had one like you in 2013. It's no longer useful.

If you're playing games like what is out now, I do believe it's time to upgrade.

You might have to get a new mobo, a CPU, and RAM to lessen that extreme bottleneck.

Good news is that those parts are plentiful in stock and aren't as expensive. Just choose intermediate parts.

Jun 19, 2021
I fixed this issue. I reinstalled the chipset drivers and my games stopped freezing.

What do you mean the top one for my board? I mostly play AoE2 DE.

I do realise there's still a bottleneck issue, so I will probably upgrade CPU and RAM as well.

Rodrigodrt

Honorable
I fixed this issue. I reinstalled the chipset drivers and my games stopped freezing.

What do you mean the top one for my board? I mostly play AoE2 DE.

I do realise there's still a bottleneck issue, so I will probably upgrade CPU and RAM as well.
I was gonna say a bunch of things about people and this whole bottleneck histeria but luckily you fixed it. Yes its a slowpoke cpu but a cpu outputs what it outputs, slapping a rtx 3080 would get a bit more frames then 1650 but not much, nevertheless in either case problems shouldn't appear, just low fps.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS